Got my first fix-it ticket

Cobreezy

Established Member
got pulled over today for they very first time since owning the car.:cuss: So this CHP tries his very hardest to get behind me. Lights came on as soon as he get behind me. He says to me that he pulled me over for three reasons 1) no front plates, 2) tinted tail lights and 3) tinted front windows. He said that he has to write me up a fix-it ticket and for me to choose two of the three violations. I think about it and then I kindly ask..."How about just one?" He smiles and said sure, pick one. So I picked the front plate violation which is an easy fix since my bumper still has the holes. The officer was very cool! He himself owns a 07 Mustang plus he seemed young and was down with Mustangs. We chopped it up for a while and I left with only a simple fix-it ticket.:banana: I got lucky!!! Thought I would share this experience.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
good to hear he took it easy on ya, I'd put the plate ( would not drill holes, temporarily attach somehow ) on long enough to get it signed off and then back off it would come:-D

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
man.....i've got pulled over 3 times for licence plate.i hate how the car looks with the plate on.i wonder how can other states can live with out the front and VA can't.
i wonder if i can get somebody to make a plate for me from vinyl or something that is going to take the shape of the bumper. if i can get it done this way is that going to be legal?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
wow, good to hear there are still a few reasonable cops out in this world

Nino S

Established Member
nice cop. I know that somone made a nice front plate mount that was on a L bracket attached to the h/e, anyone know who made it??

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I don't see whats wrong with front plates, I jusjt moved back to MD from SC,where we didn't have front plates, and I barely even notice the front plate.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
If the cop is so cool wtf he pull you over for in the first place? Man I hate cops that pull you over for stupid stuff.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
man.....i've got pulled over 3 times for licence plate.i hate how the car looks with the plate on.i wonder how can other states can live with out the front and VA can't.
i wonder if i can get somebody to make a plate for me from vinyl or something that is going to take the shape of the bumper. if i can get it done this way is that going to be legal?

Move to WEST VA. No front license plates FTW!!!!

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
I have family who are police officers and bottom line if your doing something stupid or flat out illegal your going to get pulled over. But remember if you not a smart ass to the officer, your paper work is in check and be honest you might just get a lucky pass like CoBreezy. Trust me i know this first hand all the times i have been pulled over. Most of the time its for D.W.B. (Driving While Black)

Users who are viewing this thread