Got my ass handed to me.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Originally posted by postban

I'm with you, no slow vert here. We get top down freedom and ripsnorting speed for total satisfaction and pleasure.

ALMOST better than sex..... ALMOST.

:coolman:

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by postban

I'm with you, no slow vert here. We get top down freedom and ripsnorting speed for total satisfaction and pleasure.

YEA! What HE said!

TOC

Established Member
I had an encounter with a 2002 WS6 automatic (chip and exhaust) with a similar outcome. I had played with this fellow on a previous occasion from about 30 MPH and pulled him very slightly. However, on this occasion we went from a standing start, he pulled me about a car length, and I just couldn't make it up.

Even though my car is bone stock this defeat made me wonder if I had a weak 03, so I went and got my car dyno'ed the following week. It made 350 HP, 347 torque, which the shop owner told me is about mid pack of the three other 03 Cobras he dyno'ed (lowest was 340 and highest was 360 RWHP, with the other making almost the same as mine).

Need to do some basic mods to this thing, but I've been waiting until I get the driveline vibration thing sorted out before I touch anything (alleviate dealer excuses for vibration).

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Re: What mods did he have?

Originally posted by Jerryk
http://www.dfwstangs.net/vb222/showthread.php?threadid=52331&referrerid=566

He must have done quite a bit!! Or like you said you can't drive as well and need to practice.. no disrepect intended.

The above thread was from a run I had with a really cool LS1 driver over on DFWStangs.net. Guy runs 12.0x @ 112.. his suspension seriously rocks for 60' times as well. MPH to MPH we are probably dead even. This guy had every mod short of heads and cams.. Either the car you ran into had heads/cams or N20 or the see the part above about practicing..

The other thing that could come into play is the disparity in HP/TQ from the factory. I'm not saying your car is a "Ford problem child" so lets not go down that path.. its a simple chip away to correct any poor tuning from the factory. Mine was one of the early ones so it had the factor clogged cat option :) It was running too rich and fouled the cats. Just goes to show the disparity in tunes.

Jerry

Lane is very cool, and look him up if you need Drag Radials or any kind of performance tires. He did the tires on my current 2000 GT for a rightous price. He also owns a 66 Stang and a 71(?) Mach, so he appreciates Mustangs.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by TOC
I had an encounter with a 2002 WS6 automatic (chip and exhaust) with a similar outcome. I had played with this fellow on a previous occasion from about 30 MPH and pulled him very slightly. However, on this occasion we went from a standing start, he pulled me about a car length, and I just couldn't make it up.

Even though my car is bone stock this defeat made me wonder if I had a weak 03, so I went and got my car dyno'ed the following week. It made 350 HP, 347 torque, which the shop owner told me is about mid pack of the three other 03 Cobras he dyno'ed (lowest was 340 and highest was 360 RWHP, with the other making almost the same as mine).

Need to do some basic mods to this thing, but I've been waiting until I get the driveline vibration thing sorted out before I touch anything (alleviate dealer excuses for vibration).

Do you have the factory paper element and silencer still in place? That mod, imo is worth at least 20 HP. My car dyno'ed 383 HP SAE that way. Dyno curves are on my site listed below. ( should be listed below, sometimes it seems the second time one posts in a thread the "signature" is left out).
JT

david smilovic

Established Member
I make the F-Body run low 12's with tqe. converter and 3:42's every week add 3:73's and a 4000 Yank hold on add some bolt ons and you have cheap hi 11's,David Smilovic

Users who are viewing this thread