Got my ass handed to me.

skstang

Established Member
Met up with a WS6 tonight and he proceeded to hand me my ass. Took off from a rolling start and he pulled on me the whole way upto about 80 then I let off. This thing was seriously loud. Caught up with him later and said he does 12.1 at the strip. I guess I dont feel to bad but damn I hate to get beat. He asked if it was an 03 and I said yes he said that thing is beautiful. OK yea I know. J/K He said damn that thing is fast for stock, so that made me feel better. I need to brush up on my shifting though. I am slow as hell in that department.

:(

skstang

Established Member
oh that makes me feel better. I would give up a little speed for the class of a vert any day. Not being an ass, just saying.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by skstang
oh that makes me feel better. I would give up a little speed for the class of a vert any day. Not being an ass, just saying.

I'm with you, no slow vert here. We get top down freedom and ripsnorting speed for total satisfaction and pleasure.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Met up with a WS6 tonight and he proceeded to hand me my ass...said he does 12.1 at the strip
Takes some serious mods (or power adder) to get an F-bod to near twelve flat... Comparing a stock '03 Cobra to that is pretty unrealistic, IMO. His compliment basically says it all...:-D

Keep the faith!

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
What mods did he have?

http://www.dfwstangs.net/vb222/showthread.php?threadid=52331&referrerid=566

He must have done quite a bit!! Or like you said you can't drive as well and need to practice.. no disrepect intended.

The above thread was from a run I had with a really cool LS1 driver over on DFWStangs.net. Guy runs 12.0x @ 112.. his suspension seriously rocks for 60' times as well. MPH to MPH we are probably dead even. This guy had every mod short of heads and cams.. Either the car you ran into had heads/cams or N20 or the see the part above about practicing..

The other thing that could come into play is the disparity in HP/TQ from the factory. I'm not saying your car is a "Ford problem child" so lets not go down that path.. its a simple chip away to correct any poor tuning from the factory. Mine was one of the early ones so it had the factor clogged cat option :) It was running too rich and fouled the cats. Just goes to show the disparity in tunes.

Jerry

El Culebra

Established Member
You said it best your self, as important it is to have a fast vehicle you got to launch that sucker just right or you lose. a couple of mods and launch practice my man you are on your way. Don't feel bad that guy in the WS6 should feel bad for driving that ugly looking car, no offense to the WS6 just the facts sir.

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
Originally posted by El Culebra
Don't feel bad that guy in the WS6 should feel bad for driving that ugly looking car, no offense to the WS6 just the facts sir.

I disagree with ya there man... I think the WS6 is one of the baddest looking cars around.

The SS camaro is a different story...

skstang

Established Member
This has been discussed I 'm sure but if I put a chip in can I just take it out for warranty work and will they be able to tell that I had a chip in?

jtfx6552

Established Member
This has been discussed I 'm sure but if I put a chip in can I just take it out for warranty work and will they be able to tell that I had a chip in?

If they look, yes they will be able to tell. The conformal coating needs to be scrapped of the connector area of the board to make contact, so even if you remove the chip, it will be obvious someone had cleaned off those contacts.

If you are that worried about it, I would get a new stock computer then add the chip to that computer, so you still have your original "virgin" computer to put back in for warranty service. There are some pats issues, but I think 3rd party shops can do pats reprogramming.
JT

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by 02SVTF150

I disagree with ya there man... I think the WS6 is one of the baddest looking cars around.

The SS camaro is a different story...
i feel just the opposite. Neither the SS or WS6 are as sweet looking as the stang. However, I could feel good about driving an SS.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Skstang dont worry dude in time you will get your share of kills, All of us will probably at one time or another run into that WS6 or LS1 that bites us. But most assuredly they will be far and few between:beer:

BrentB

Established Member
With nothing but a converter and et streets my auto Camaro went 12.20's at 111.
This was with 2.73 gears!!!
Add some boost you will get there

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by BrentB
With nothing but a converter and et streets my auto Camaro went 12.20's at 111.
This was with 2.73 gears!!!
Add some boost you will get there

4000 stall? Just wondering.:beer:

mineral03

Established Member
Doesnt take very much to get a WS6 to run LOW 12's. I raced a slightly modded one at the racetrack, and beat him both times, but not by much, about .2 secs. Both of us had stock tires. He was right about 13.0. Then, i raced a slightly modded on slicks, and got roasted... my 12.8 to his 12.2. I was hangin on the top, but he got 2 cars in the first 1/8th, and was dead even from then on...

BrentB

Established Member
4400 :D
was pretty stout with the 2.73 gears,with the 3.73 it isnt so bad like stock when locked up :)

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Originally posted by mineral03
Doesnt take very much to get a WS6 to run LOW 12's....

Thank you. I've been waiting for someone to say that. I'm just glad a Mustang Owner is the one that said it :D . And yes, you are 100% correct.....Basic bolt-on's and a 'verter will get an LS1 in the 12.teens (High 11's w/ some weight reduction).

The "serious" mods (and/or Power adders) tend to send us a bit lower on the numerical scale....that's what I hear anyway. :D ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread