got my 300srt8 on the bottle

zexsrt8

Established Member
Well I am new here and really want to know how i would do against a gt500 the only reason i ask is my good friend has a 09 with only mods being a coldair and weld in mufflers he is takling alot of smack and i want to surprise him with the bottle I will be runing a 100 shot am i even going to be close ? I have only been in his car a few times but he was breaking it in and never really got on the gas too hard. I will be sure to post win ar lose. this will be my first race with the zex:-D

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i still think u will be behind a car or two, your weight and less power before the spray might still not be enough to keep ahead, who knows, he might suck at drivin n u might get him i dunno

xzero

Established Member
You need to throw down an exhaust intake and a tune + that 100shot then itll be real intersting :dancenana:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
exactly, that 100 shot without all that plus your weight and less power doesnt help. wut kinda power those cars make at the wheels stock? weight with driver?

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
i've raced a 06 300srt on a 100 shot in my pullied 04 cobra, and from a 50 roll to 140 i had about 4 cars on him...so you can do the math...

but i think he should pull you by a little bit since he is "stock", if he can drive somewhat decent

..but regardless it will be a good race :beer:

zexsrt8

Established Member
Well took the car in for a few dyno runs today. I am vary happy with the results it put down 366.85hp andn367.64TQ this is bone stock right down to the paper filter. then with the predator and tune it laid down 389.52 and 389.60 witch i think is great with out even a cold air are exuast. I will be doing the 100 shot soon my tuner told me that it should make a dif. of 1sec and 10mph are about 9 car lengths. is this true are is he blowing me smoke cause I would think the race will go my way by a few cars. cause no way a stock gt500 is going to beat me by 10 cars i would only think by 3 are so stock vs stock

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Should be interesting, around here I've seen a lightly modded SRT8 Charger (smaller wheels, intake spacers and K&N filter) run 13.5 with good (cold) air and trap about 104 MPH. Generally it runs a 13.7 @ 101 MPH when warmer. Using the 100 Hp = 1 sec and 10 MPH bench figure should drop that car into the mid to high 12's and 111-114 MPH.

I can't recall what a stock GT500 runs around here but it should be an interesting race.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
Well took the car in for a few dyno runs today. I am vary happy with the results it put down 366.85hp andn367.64TQ this is bone stock right down to the paper filter. then with the predator and tune it laid down 389.52 and 389.60 witch i think is great with out even a cold air are exuast. I will be doing the 100 shot soon my tuner told me that it should make a dif. of 1sec and 10mph are about 9 car lengths. is this true are is he blowing me smoke cause I would think the race will go my way by a few cars. cause no way a stock gt500 is going to beat me by 10 cars i would only think by 3 are so stock vs stock

this is my buddies SRT8, the viper he ran in the video is a couple cars slower to a pullied GT500. we are all friends so we know exactly what each other has done to their cars. 55-140

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_QRI4Ugj4]YouTube - Silverbeast SRT8 vs. Matt's 06 Viper[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoiKKJF1Qs4&feature=channel]YouTube - silverbeast srt8 vs Matts viper[/ame]

personally, if you lose, it won't be by much. fact is, you need to make 500 to the wheels.

Last edited:

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
This should give you an idea, Pulley Ported 03 Cobra vs Zex 100 shot 300c SRT8
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHHUw2wcQAw&feature=related]YouTube - 99corvette vs 03 cobra vs SRT 8 300 vs 02 Trans Am[/ame]

I think your going to pull him, because that 03 would pull your buddies stock GT500.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
From a roll a GT500 with CAI and tune will probably win but it should be interesting.

GT500 with CAI and tune ~ 525 HP ~ 3920 LBS

300 SRT 8 with 100shot ~ 525 HP ~ 4160 lbs

Last edited:

Qwk GT

Established Member
I would think the gt500 would take you, but the video was interesting. I thought mofobucks car was ullied and sprayed only.

zexsrt8

Established Member
Well the race went down and was a steady walk for me started at 50 and shut down at about 150 from the third honk I would slowly pull away and at the end of it all I was 3 cars up on him but I will say he was not power shifting his car at all with each shift he made a would pull more and more so that was I think a big part in this race but it sure was funny rubbing it in on him cause he was the one talking big in the first place.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
LOL..good kill, I would have liked to hear you rub it in that he lost...a little humble pie anyone???...thanks for posting up the race. H

Users who are viewing this thread