Got mud flaps?

Fleck 5

Established Member
As most of you know, the paint quality on the cobras isn't the best. My front wheel wells are missing most of their paint and there are a lot of chips on the side of the car. The back wheels throw up a lot of stones and the rear bumper cover is pretty rough.

A buddy has some $10 mud flaps he got from Pep Boys that look decent but they don't sell them anymore. For those of you who have mud flaps on your mustang, where did you get them? Were you able to mount them without them drawing too much attention? I would like to put some on my car to protect the paint and cover up the missing paint in my wheel wells without making my car look bad. Any suggestions, pictures, or constructive comments would be helpful.

TRBO VNM

I would consider painting and then use the clear 3M film to protect it. I understand your concern, but mudflaps on a cobra?

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
The hard formed flaps for the GT/base fit nice for the back - I also used flat ones for the front (from ford) which work fine and look good since the front ones made for the GT don't work. And the only place I have any chips is in front of the rear wheels on the valence.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mupflaps have come up before and I've never heard of anyone (at least hear) actually using them. They're just plan ugly. I would go repaint the repainting route and apply the 3M film for protection. Much nice and cleaner looking than mudflaps. JMO.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Don't torch me to badly, but I have the Ford flaps on the rear, the ones with the pony on them. They are small enough that you don't really notice them. With the 295/18's, I put them on to deflect as much trash as I could from beating the rear quarter.

cmbanks0723

Established Member
10.jpg
3.jpg

ford mudflaps

RedfireSVT

Established Member
I've got the 3M Clear Bra on my 04'. I've had it since day one and it is well worth it and looks way better than mud flaps because you can't see it unless you are right up on the car and know what you are looking for. Road rash, bugs and everything else just wipes off. No chips in the paint at all. I've even got it on my mirrors. Mud flaps? My grandma has mud flaps on her car.

Users who are viewing this thread