Got car jacked last night.

T-Kid

Young Gun.
Established Member
I was washing my S2000 at a coin operated car wash in Austin, Texas and was cleaning the passenger side interior when a guy walked up on the driver side with "a gun" under his shirt and demanded the car. The car was already running and he hoped in but couldn't drive a stick and popped the clutch and couldn't get the car started again. I dipped and called the cops, and by the time they showed up he had ran down the street and tried to car jack someone else. Best possible outcome, considering I have a Texas CHL but wasn't carrying because I changed into basketball shorts to wash the car. No one got hurt, and I still have my car.

I guess a lot of people really can't drive a standard anymore?

Having never been in a situation like this before, I can firmly say that unless you've dealt with combat or an incident like this before, no amount of "training" can prepare you for that adrenaline dump and tunnel vision you get.

I don't know much at 23, but upon reflection, I think in the future if I was carrying I probably would still let them take the car. You have to pick your battles. A lot of people talk "big shit" about STANDING THEIR GROUND but taking the life of another human being is something you will have to live with for the rest of your life... and over a Honda? And lets say you don't kill them, you have a trial, lawsuit, "detention time" and huge legal fees. Pick your battles... material possessions are one thing, your family and their safety is another.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn that's crazy.

Good points made in here. The first is, always carry your gun with you. Your situation is the typical "I'd rather have an umbrella and not need it than not have an umbrella and need it."
Next is you're right about feeling out the situation. Just because you are carrying doesn't always mean you should use it. Common sense must come into play.
The last is, you're situation worked out about as good as it could go but you might not be so lucky next time.
The typical anti-gun argument is "how do you know he was going to shoot you or anyone?" To which my answer is always "I'm not taking that chance."

Glad no one was hurt.

nxhappy

Established Member
start carrying a shotgun in your car, problem solved

Zemedici

Established Member
Good call man - I woulda let him take my cobra and just collected insurance on it. Hahah

Glad you're safe

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You seem like a smart man OP, you made the right choice. But what do think allows people to survive in combat? It's training. If you froze then that means you could use more training cause you went condition black.

shurur

Established Member
Having never been in a situation like this before, I can firmly say that unless you've dealt with combat or an incident like this before, no amount of "training" can prepare you for that adrenaline dump and tunnel vision you get.

I don't know much at 23, but upon reflection, I think in the future if I was carrying I probably would still let them take the car. You have to pick your battles. A lot of people talk "big shit" about STANDING THEIR GROUND but taking the life of another human being is something you will have to live with for the rest of your life...

I had to protect myself on my own property against multiple people..and then stand trial for it....

No matter the outcome, some of us will always have to live it.....forever...even if no life was taken....except ours.

I'm happy things worked out for you though.

Zemedici

Established Member
I had to protect myself on my own property against multiple people..and then stand trial for it....

No matter the outcome, some of us will always have to live it.....forever...even if no life was taken....except ours.

I'm happy things worked out for you though.

Can you elaborate?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so you weren't car jacked .. it was an attempted car jacking ...

B0B

Established Member
Thats crazy man. You did the right thing in that particular situation, at least in my opinion. If I were in that situation and I had a gun on me I probably would have drawn it. And a couple others are right to an extent. Taking someone's life over a car might not sound like a reasonable solution. However, for me, their life isn't worth taking simply due to the legal aspect and trouble it will cause in my own life. Their life is of no value to me if they are hijacking cars. I don't lose sleep when I shoot a duck, deer, or fish. To me their life is of less value than an animal because it doesn't offer any good to me or society. Now we get to pay for him to be clothed and fed in prison with our hard earned money.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
If I were in that situation and I had a gun on me I probably would have drawn it.
3783720-lol.gif

Users who are viewing this thread