Got Bassani Mid Length headers on

Blades

Established Member
:) Thanks Harry. I can remember watching your video all day Wednesday before I got my headers on. Now I just have to watch it again cuz its raining in beautiful Massachusetts. :(

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
:) Thanks Harry. I can remember watching your video all day Wednesday before I got my headers on. Now I just have to watch it again cuz its raining in beautiful Massachusetts. :(

Glad they helped keep you happy till they got on...and still keeping you happy waiting for this crappy weather we are having.
I hope Bassani Appreciates it...they never send me a thankyou or nothing :D

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Originally posted by Dem03SonicSnake
yeah sick videos, im really loving that sound, very mean!

Thanks.....I love the sound too! It really is very quiet at idle taking it easy.....but man....when you want to be heard....like next to the Harley Bike guy that thinks he is so bad ass with his loud exhaust ....just blip that throttle next to them....LOL...man does that get their attention...I do that alot :D Just to say...Hey...your not the loudest thing out there anymore. And thats with the Baffles in but no cats. I will be getting some highflow cats from JDM for me to put on soon though.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Harry - Bassani should give you a finders fee or something.... I know listening to your clips helped push me over the edge. I've been finding even more excuses to drive the beast ever since....
Thanks again for posting them! :beer:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I wonder if I can get some free cats from them? Anyone got a good in with them? Maybe tell them about me and how I have pushed their product for months and months and about my clips...I am thinking of going with cats now...just to make it look all legal and all.

Edit: www.Bassani.com LOL!!!!

Hot Rod(Cant hurt to try)Harry :D
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Last edited:

03DarkShadow

Established Member
I have a question. Do you need O2 extender w/ those headers? Oh and one more, Where did you install the probe for the EGT gauge? Thanks Jamie. Mine will be here wednesday!! I cant wait!!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Mine arrived yesterday. Now I am waiting for the Catted X-pipe to arrive.

And what he asked above, did the wire harnesses reach and any problems with the SES lights?

Dana

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DarkShadow
I have a question. Do you need O2 extender w/ those headers? Oh and one more, Where did you install the probe for the EGT gauge? Thanks Jamie. Mine will be here wednesday!! I cant wait!!

Yes you will need extenders...the ones I used I had to cut the little nubbys off so they could clip in..no big deal..just clip clip....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

KHsonic03

Established Member
I've asked this before-- are the pipes in front of the cats custom? Or do they come with the headers. I have the Bassani x-pipe, and I know I don't have pipes that look like that. How does the x-pipe bolt on to the headers?

Blades

Established Member

Yes the wire harness reached. Thats really odd that Harry had to extend them. I did not do it all by myself. But I watched the whole time and we never did anything with O2s. The EGT probe was put in right after the collector, before the cat.. kinda hard to explain.. But its not the x pipe, and its not the header piping.. its just a connector.. you'll see. Definately the best place to do it because a spare could be easily made or purchased.

The best part about this kit is that there is no hacking to be done. No cutting wires, no bending tubes, nothing. Well.. make sure you have some cuz you gotta take the oil filter out and some spills.

I'll have videos up soon.

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
KH,

The Bassani headers come with an adapter pipe to go between the collector and the cat. It would replace the pipe that is just ahead of your cat now.

Dana

HotRodHarry

Established Member
yeah...the front two sensors up top I had to use extenders ....the bottom 2 by the trans are fine. Maybe mine is just abit different...early model compared to later....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
KH,

The Bassani headers come with an adapter pipe to go between the collector and the cat. It would replace the pipe that is just ahead of your cat now.

Dana

and this is what we put did the EGT probe into.

doubleblack

Established Member
Blades,

What was the hardest parts of the install? I remember on the 01's and BBK's the tough parts were raising the engine, removing the starter, dealing w/ the oil dipstick tube, etc. etc.

Are they pretty much the same difficulties w/ these headers that come apart?

Blades

Established Member
Isnt that too far away to get an accurate EGT temp reading.????

No, its RIGHT after the collector. The hardest part was getting around the starter yes. Then make sure you dont dent in the oil pan when u jack up the engine. :idea: Awesome install..

Users who are viewing this thread