Got a new 5.0, can't decide on exhaust.

dynasty_365

Established Member
^^^^^that was probably the magnaflow competition catback. I hear good things about it and bad things. Most r indifferent on that one. But that's one of the main ones people bought when 5.0's first came out

I heard some magnaflows for the first time bout two weeks ago. Was standing in the parking lot at work talking and it flew by my job. Just happened to b a buddy of kyoshop2. From where I stood they sounded ok but then again the guys was going like 90 so it really just sounded like some loud ass exhaust flying by me lol

And man I feel on wanting to change exhaust but not having the coin to do it. The exhaust nowadays r ridiculously expensive. Back when I first got my 04gt exhaust was nowhere near what it cost today

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
^^^^^that was probably the magnaflow competition catback. I hear good things about it and bad things. Most r indifferent on that one. But that's one of the main ones people bought when 5.0's first came out

I heard some magnaflows for the first time bout two weeks ago. Was standing in the parking lot at work talking and it flew by my job. Just happened to b a buddy of kyoshop2. From where I stood they sounded ok but then again the guys was going like 90 so it really just sounded like some loud ass exhaust flying by me lol

And man I feel on wanting to change exhaust but not having the coin to do it. The exhaust nowadays r ridiculously expensive. Back when I first got my 04gt exhaust was nowhere near what it cost today

I have less than $300 in mine. :thumbsup: BTW, GT500's w/resonators deleted is far from quiet or "barely louder than stock". My entire office knows when I am leaving as they here the car start from inside the building.

Are you still running a stock axleback?

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
I like my hushpowers. Nice and deep, not terribly loud and I don't think the drone is as bad as everybody made it out to be. I very rarely hit that rpm. They are good to hold me over till I go full exhaust.

08geetee500

Addicted to Boost
Established Member
I installed my Boss H-pipe and side exhaust kit this past weekend.
Wow, this thing sounds evil without any plates...especially at wide open throttle.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Don't know any punk kids in my area with 5.0's. Down here only true enthusiast drive 5.0's the punk kids drive camaros. And I wasn't necessarily speaking on the loudness of them. I'm speaking as from I heard I don't like the sound of them. They r weak and that's my opinion. If u like them that's u. I know me and I know i like a deep throaty muscle sound and IMO gt500's aren't that

And if you'd said that, I wouldn't have said anything. But what you said was "I'm sick of other people voicing their opinions." The GT500's DO sound good, and frankly, it makes me laugh that others would pay $600+...FOR MUFFLERS.

But hey, however people want to spend their money is on them. The GT500 is (in my opinion) the only axleback people should be considering unless they're going with a full catback system. No set of aftermarket mufflers delivers the sound and depth of a true catback system. Problem is, catbacks also screw with the car's Sync in terms of speaker and audio quality. Some folks actually, you know, want to enjoy a benefit they've paid for. Your mileage may vary. :shrug:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
And if you'd said that, I wouldn't have said anything. But what you said was "I'm sick of other people voicing their opinions." The GT500's DO sound good, and frankly, it makes me laugh that others would pay $600+...FOR MUFFLERS.

But hey, however people want to spend their money is on them. The GT500 is (in my opinion) the only axleback people should be considering unless they're going with a full catback system. No set of aftermarket mufflers delivers the sound and depth of a true catback system. Problem is, catbacks also screw with the car's Sync in terms of speaker and audio quality. Some folks actually, you know, want to enjoy a benefit they've paid for. Your mileage may vary. :shrug:

I like the GT500s. I had them. They were just too subtle for me. This is fuel injected car, so there really is no induction roar. Not like having a big carb or two up front. So, I want exhaust that I can hear distinctly in the well insulated cabin. That is why I went Roush. It was like the GT500, but more. I took a friend for ride last night and he just about passed out. He could not get enough of the exhaust.

Mike

Strpperpolef150

Established Member

At cruising speeds my borla catback with cats was quiet which would've made using sync no issue at all. People spend money on exhaust because they want a quality product and specific sound. The gt500 and roush exhausts were not anything special to me so I didn't waste money on them. I spent money on what I wanted and am happy.

dynasty_365

Established Member

I knew someone would b hurt by my gt500 comments. That's cool u like them and but my comment stems from the fact when people say they want a deep aggressive sound or something loud people automatically suggest them and they r neither. I've never heard the with offroad x or what not but for me and apparently others on here they just don't cut it.

I'm only giving my opinion just as u r giving yours

As for paying 600 or more for a good sounding exhaust I have no problem doing that if thats what I or anyone else likes. Exhaust for our cars r far from cheap and even the cheapest exhaust I've found sounds pretty damn decent and those r the pype bomb exhaust

TheYeti

Established Member
I got Roush A/Bs and love them. I was torn between GT500 and Roush. A lot of people said that Roush's were really loud but coming from pypes pype bomb on my 08 GT, I figured it would be ok for me.

They definitely are loud but quieter than my pypes. The good thing with the Roush's is no drone and when idling, they arent loud at all.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
I knew someone would b hurt by my gt500 comments. That's cool u like them and but my comment stems from the fact when people say they want a deep aggressive sound or something loud people automatically suggest them and they r neither. I've never heard the with offroad x or what not but for me and apparently others on here they just don't cut it.

I'm only giving my opinion just as u r giving yours

As for paying 600 or more for a good sounding exhaust I have no problem doing that if thats what I or anyone else likes. Exhaust for our cars r far from cheap and even the cheapest exhaust I've found sounds pretty damn decent and those r the pype bomb exhaust

I'm not "hurt", I'm just pointing out that you were essentially saying that you were sick of other people giving their opinion (thankfully, no one cares what you are or aren't sick of). Regardless of what you believe or don't believe, the GT500 axlebacks ARE louder and deeper. Are they obnoxious? No, which is why I know a lot of Mustang owners don't like them. But some of us don't require attracting a ton of attention to feel good about ourselves, and the GT500s are a great exhaust for better depth of tone and rumble without screaming LOOK AT ME IN MY AWESOME CAR, ISN'T IT SO LOUD AND AWESOME?

Oh, wait, right, no one here is like that, they all just "want loud cars." It's not about getting attention at all. :lol:

Right.

Last edited:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
P.S. If anyone takes issue with my comments here, and "OMG That's not me, I just want my Mustang to sound like Mustangs should sound! You're a pompous jerk!" hey, congrats.

I've seen enough d-bags tooling through the local shopping plaza revving the shit out of their Mustangs (and Camaros/GTOs/Vettes) trying to get peoples' attention on the sidewalk to have a different opinion. That said, I AM a pompous jerk. :D

Again, your mileage may vary.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Apparently u r butt hurt and must want attention since u assume everyone with loud exhaust wants attention. Some people may like loud cars some people may not even think there car is loud and it's just a normal muscle car sound.

And once again you're shouting your love for gt500's. I don't like them and u do. I voice my dislike of thm and u voice your love for them. Ok nobody wants my opinion(meaning u) so if no wants opinions that means nobody wants to hear about your love for them. U can't get mad at people who don't like the gt500's weak ass sound. U like them ok good for u. I like a deep aggressive muscular throaty sound well hell good for me.

And y is everyone who revs there engine a d bag? Some people's mustang aren't daily drivers and they may not get to hear there's everyday. Now if it's someone just pulling up to people and sitting in the car revving for 2-3 minutes til people look then that's different but not everyone who loves their exhaust is a d-bag as u say

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Apparently u r butt hurt and must want attention since u assume everyone with loud exhaust wants attention. Some people may like loud cars some people may not even think there car is loud and it's just a normal muscle car sound.

And once again you're shouting your love for gt500's. I don't like them and u do. I voice my dislike of thm and u voice your love for them. Ok nobody wants my opinion(meaning u) so if no wants opinions that means nobody wants to hear about your love for them. U can't get mad at people who don't like the gt500's weak ass sound. U like them ok good for u. I like a deep aggressive muscular throaty sound well hell good for me.

And y is everyone who revs there engine a d bag? Some people's mustang aren't daily drivers and they may not get to hear there's everyday. Now if it's someone just pulling up to people and sitting in the car revving for 2-3 minutes til people look then that's different but not everyone who loves their exhaust is a d-bag as u say

My god, your atrocious grammar is killing me. KILLING me. :D

dynasty_365

Established Member
OP what did u go with. I find with exhaust and wheels for our cara most people end up torn between two options by the time they come close to their decision

dynasty_365

Established Member
You'll b ok. Can't b killing u too bad if you're still commenting in this thread lol. Just got a new iPhone and corrective text is killing me. It's even correcting words I'm intending to put and I'm not about to go back and correct everything. Not like it's any fine ass females on here that I'm trying to win over. We're just discussing exhaust lol

yeller1

Established Member
I have the borla s-type cat-back and hate it actually. Way to much burbling and popping.
Drives me crazy. Already bought the mac axleback and ford racing boss quad h.
Selling the borla in a month or so. Good for someone else but not me.

Users who are viewing this thread