Got a new 5.0, can't decide on exhaust.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
So i traded by 03 cobra for a '12 5.0. After 3 weeks of comparing catbacks on youtube i am stumped. i think the sounds are different because of muffler location.

I love borla's sound but they only come in 2.75 inch tubing, plus the tips are super long.

Kooks pieces look sweet but i cant stand the glasspack rumble when shifting, between gears that decel popping like a redneck truck

Magnaflow sounds too raspy, like its just noisy instead of having an actual sound.

Flowmasters seem so last decade but sound good. Not digging the painted black mufflers.

Any thoughts? I'm ready to order but just cannot decide. Eventually would like to do full exhaust but want a catback first.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I would like to do a full 3 inch exhaust i think, would there be that much of a difference in performance? as in down the road i am gonna whipple this car.

I have the Stainless Works 1 7/8s LTs to their 3in catted X and their 3in retro chambered catback. This is the best sounding setup i have heard on a 5.0 although im a little biased!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately you never get a good representation of sound from youtube clips. At least I didn't think so. I also have the GT500 mufflers and think they are the best compromise. They sound great without any drone and you can't beat the price.

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
Flowmaster outlaws!!!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLiWT06_pC4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2012 outlaw flowmaster - YouTube[/nomedia]

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I have the Stainless Works 1 7/8s LTs to their 3in catted X and their 3in retro chambered catback. This is the best sounding setup i have heard on a 5.0 although im a little biased!

A litte biased? hahaha
Every exhaust thread in the 2011 section has you as nut hugging stainless works full exhaust setup. Sound good, but not the end all to be of systems.

Not to mention these cars with in an N/A trim with LT headers vs O/R X or H make very minumal gains if any when compared.

anxiously waiting for you to mention that Beefcake has a stainless works exhaust......

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
A litte biased? hahaha
Every exhaust thread in the 2011 section has you as nut hugging stainless works full exhaust setup. Sound good, but not the end all to be of systems.

Not to mention these cars with in an N/A trim with LT headers vs O/R X or H make very minumal gains if any when compared.

anxiously waiting for you to mention that Beefcake has a stainless works exhaust......

is there a vid of your setup? OR X and kooks? I thought i saw gains of 40 hp with tune, intake and full exhaust?

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
is there a vid of your setup? OR X and kooks? I thought i saw gains of 40 hp with tune, intake and full exhaust?

Yes, ill PM you the vid.

It does have the so called popping occasionally on decel like you mentioned, but not quite that of a redneck work truck like u mentioned. Just the catback didnt have the popping, but when the o/r x was added i noticed it had the "pop" noise. not enough to bother me though.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
A litte biased? hahaha

lol u mad bro?

btw beefcake has SW exhaust. I didnt want you to hold your breath to long. the man asked for an opinion on exhausts. I provided. like you said there are 20 million exhaust threads in here.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Everyone has their own opinion, but this is our 5 liter with the Lethal O/R Xpipe and Magnaflow Competition Catback

[youtube_browser]QQhRBCziQ6s[/youtube_browser]

Here's with just the Lethal O/R Xpipe

[youtube_browser]t0JkpKgAoMw[/youtube_browser]

Just food for thought, let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

John

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
lol u mad bro?

btw beefcake has SW exhaust. I didnt want you to hold your breath to long. the man asked for an opinion on exhausts. I provided. like you said there are 20 million exhaust threads in here.

Yeah and beefcake PMed the O/P when the thread popped up. Oddly enough you were the 4th post....

unless im missing your authorized vendor status STFU

troll much?

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Yeah and beefcake PMed the O/P when the thread popped up. Oddly enough you were the 4th post....

unless im missing your authorized vendor status STFU

troll much?

I dont sell anything. I was taken care of by SW when they could have told me to piss up a rope. they fixed an issue. So i have no problem telling about my good experience with beefcake and or SW. no need to get your panties in a bunch. might be time to change your MANPON BRO.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Unfortunately you never get a good representation of sound from youtube clips. At least I didn't think so. I also have the GT500 mufflers and think they are the best compromise. They sound great without any drone and you can't beat the price.

This. I love the GT500 exhausts. I have gotten multiple compliments. It's louder/deeper, but not TOO loud. I have the Sync package, and wanted it to still work so loudness was a real concern. My buddy with full Magnaflow catback on his 5.0, I can barely understand him when he calls me now on his Sync. Not what I wanted.

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I dont sell anything. I was taken care of by SW when they could have told me to piss up a rope. they fixed an issue. So i have no problem telling about my good experience with beefcake and or SW. no need to get your panties in a bunch. might be time to change your MANPON BRO.

BRO this BRO that

Im no moderator here but

i smell shit and it stinks.

Get some 5.0

Established Member
I have FlowMaster American Thunder with magnaflow tru-x pipe resanators deleted. And love it. The only thing there is a lot of drone inside the car when in 6th.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
That bassani sounds good but like you said it is not in person...
,,I like hearing them in person,,Only way to do that is to go to Mustang meet ups...

DWalker

Established Member
Well the OP wanted opinions and SILV03 gave his. Of course everybody is gonna suggest their own exhaust because its what they like. Stop bickering like a couple of teenage girls and keep that crap outta here, nobody wants to hear it.

As for my opinion, I love the way the full Kooks setup sounds, sounds like a freakin NASCAR going by! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread