Good vs Bad for the M

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
I have riden in the S55 and it is a Eaton Supercharger that is not intercooled. The car only produced about 355 hp. The Ford guys stopped by on Friday with the S55 and took our car for another test drive.

It will not be an option, ever. It causes Ford to miss the EPA, CAFE, Gas Guzzler Tax, etc. It won't happen. That's directly from Steve Babcock. And that is why we developed our Intercooled Supercharger.

They have had the S55 and our car on the Ford Test Track in Dearborn many times. If you want to know the comments about the two cars please speak to Steve Babcock, Nick Twork, Wayne Moy or Ned Nuss from Ford. They have all participated in that comparision.

And yes, insurance is much cheaper in a Marauder then in a Cobra, by a lot!!!!

Have a good one!

Wildpony

Established Member
Yeah what I want to know is how you can get 25-27 highway on your car set up with I thought the 4.10 gears and the Ford guys charge a gas guzzle tax. (The same thing for the '03 Cobra)..
I still get 25/26mpg on the highway cruising @70mph with all the stuff I have done to the car. Actually when Lidio put in the 3.73's I made a best of 30.1 on a road trip down I-75 a few years back..(That was w/the base Vortech/stock exhaust..)

They must not measure the mileage the same way as we do??

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Wildpony,

To be accurate, our stock #2 with 3.55's get 24 mpg on the highway, our souped up car#1 with 4.10's gets about 21-22 mpg on the highway. But, I understand what you are saying about the way Ford measures milage. They have very strict rules that the government sets up, which probably affects the results. I can research that topic if anyone needs that data. I know the method of measurement is different then you or I would use for everyday driving.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
You should look at the New RX8 EPA says around 19 MPG city but a lot are around 15 or even lower.:eek: Hi way its about 24/25 if your lucky as EPA says 29/30 MPG. So its possable to also get worse than what EPA says is possable a lot of RX owners are not happy.:cuss: :cuss:

Jerry I like the car had a great time as I'm sure everyone else did to.:thumbsup: :beer: :beer: Talk to you later Chris.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Ford must have hired marketing school rejects to head up the Marauder project. I went to several Merc dealers soon after the Marauder was announced. Nobody knew anything, no literature.

So I walked into my Ford dealer and the wall was plastered with Cobra posters. So I bought a Cobra.

Occasionally run into a Marauder around town, one in particular tries to get funny with me, so I finally said "oh heck" and blew his doors off. Marauder looks nice, but runs like a boat anchor.

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Hey Harry,

This Boat Anchor wants a shot at the title. Since you are in Michigan, please send a note and maybe we can meet somewhere and test the two cars. How about Ubly on Saturday? If we can't have a little sporting fun, what's the point!

Yours truely,

Captian of the Trilogy Boat Anchor

a64armt

Established Member
Hey, that boat anchor can transport 5 adults in relative comfort. I can't see a family of 4 taking a trip in a Cobra. Sorry, I know the Cobra is fast and NOT DESIGNED as a family vehicle. But give the boat anchor some credit. It is what it is, a fun alternative for us family types who can't see themselves in a Dodge Stratus :sleeping: , Chevy Malibu :xpl: , or Ford Taurus, no offense to the SHO owners. For those with a deep pocket, it is more :burnout: . This happens to be the main reason I am considering purchasing one. Don't forget the previous posts in regards to the insurance costs. I will take the $5000 purchase price difference, and average $2000 a year savings in insurance, take my family to Disney World, and smile as you Cobra guys blow past me at he stop lights and get all the girls.:cryying:

Silverstrike

Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
Ford must have hired marketing school rejects to head up the Marauder project. I went to several Merc dealers soon after the Marauder was announced. Nobody knew anything, no literature.

So I walked into my Ford dealer and the wall was plastered with Cobra posters. So I bought a Cobra.

Occasionally run into a Marauder around town, one in particular tries to get funny with me, so I finally said "oh heck" and blew his doors off. Marauder looks nice, but runs like a boat anchor.

Wait in 2 to 3 years then call me.:thumbsup:

Just to let you in on something I should have 500 to 600 RWHP
and about 650 Ft Lbs. at the wheels by that time. chio:beer: :beer: :beer:

Silverstrike

Established Member
Originally posted by Jerry Barnes
Wildpony,

I agree, but that won't stop me from trying. And ask Lidio what he thinks. He just baught his Marauder last week. Want to know what his first modification will be????

See Ya!

Let me guess dice valve caps.:lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Wildpony

Established Member
Seriously though he will probably tear off the exhaust/cats on that nasty RR crossing over on Grossbeck;-) , add headers /bigger pipes, turn the boost up to max psi,add a Speed Pro,Baumanator, run Turbo Blue, and see if he can be the 1st guy to run in the 10's on a stock motor. Just like he did 4 years ago in the 93 LX coupe 4 valve.. :thumbsup:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
My post was not to talk smack about the Marauder -- remember it was my first choice before the Cobra. But stock to stock there's no contest performance-wise. Of course, either car can be modded to beat the other if you have enough $$$$.

The Marauder reminded me of my favorite car (before the Cobra): a 1974 Plymouth Satellite with 440 Police Pursuit Package. That car would also carry 5 comfortably and would really haul a$$.

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Harry,

We know you were not trying to smack the Marauder. But, that does not stop us from joking around. Let one of the Marauder S/C owners take you for a drive and give me your thoughts after that. Compare the Supercharged Cobra to the Supercharged Marauder. You will enjoy the comparison!

Have a good one!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by a64armt
Hey, that boat anchor can transport 5 adults in relative comfort. I can't see a family of 4 taking a trip in a Cobra. Sorry, I know the Cobra is fast and NOT DESIGNED as a family vehicle. But give the boat anchor some credit. It is what it is, a fun alternative for us family types who can't see themselves in a Dodge Stratus :sleeping: , Chevy Malibu :xpl: , or Ford Taurus, no offense to the SHO owners. For those with a deep pocket, it is more :burnout: . This happens to be the main reason I am considering purchasing one. Don't forget the previous posts in regards to the insurance costs. I will take the $5000 purchase price difference, and average $2000 a year savings in insurance, take my family to Disney World, and smile as you Cobra guys blow past me at he stop lights and get all the girls.:cryying:

I pay less to insure my Cobra than my wife does to insure her year older GT. Go figure. I think it's my pristine driving record; the agent says it's the old fogey (senior citizen) discount. She's 51 and I'm 55.... I pay $1245/year for the 2003 Cobra.

By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed my SHOs, and went looking for the Marauder after I sold my last one. If Ford had it's act together I would have bought one. As it is, I'm happy with my Cobra. If I could afford both, I'd buy the Marauder as a family car.

Users who are viewing this thread