Good vs Bad for the M

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Ups

Room for 5 actual people
Tokico Monotube struts with sport springs in front
Watts linkage and solid axle in back with air ride.
4.6 DOHC Modular V8 with 302 HP and 318 Ft Lbs. of torque
R70 4 speed auto same as in Mustang GT/Mach 1

Downs

Radio is not as good as the Mach 460 in the Mustang line
They forgot to cut out the hole where the Bass is so you get a lot of vibration noise.
The WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! at 4200 LBS its a heavy thing to get going but once under way it just keeps building speed and acceleration up to the 117 MPH Electronic Speed Governor.

Could use about 40 Ft lbs more torque but thats why I got 4.10 gears ordered.:-D

No avertisment so a lot of people don't know its out there.

Silverstrike

Established Member
Another positive
is that there is 5 Superchargers to choose from Kenny Brown,Trilogy,Dennis Rinhard,Vortech, and Paxton.
and a full size trunk 21 cubic feet bigger than most frigs these days.

More negatives

the 300A's which are the first made are Black.:nonono: And its so
hard to keep clean diffenitly this year with the rain.

I'll see if I can get Jerry over here and ask questions about his monster.:thumbsup::burnout:

Last edited:

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Guys,

This is my first response on this site and I want to thank Doug and the others for getting me set up. I really appreciate it! On the positives and negatives comments.

Negatives :

1. 4,200lbs

Positives :

1. I own 2 Marauders. One is a 12.95 sec. car @ 106mph and the other is a 12.42 sec. car @ 111mph. One is bone stock with our Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger(9psi boost) and the other has our Supercharger with 4.10 gear, X pipe, 12psi, Nitto Streeet Radial Slicks, Widen wheels, Maga Flow Exhaust.

2. I am looking for ginnie pigs of the SS, Z06, M5 type.

3. Car #1 get 22 mpg on highway, Car #2 gets 24mpg on the highway.

4. Looks great lowered.

5. Runs with the Big Dogs.

6. Getting ready to install 1" wider wheels on front, 1 1/2" wheels on back with 255/35 18's and 315/30 18's Michilen Pilot Sports.

7. Good family car, good drag race car, great grocery getter!

8. Car #1 409 hp at rear wheels, Car #2 390 hp at rear wheels!!!

9. Great second car as daily driver when you park the Mustang.

10. Will race for money!!! Kids need shoes!!!

Thanks for allowing me on the site. Looks great!!!!
'

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by Jerry Barnes
Guys,

This is my first response on this site and I want to thank Doug and the others for getting me set up. I really appreciate it! On the positives and negatives comments.

Negatives :

1. 4,200lbs

Positives :

1. I own 2 Marauders. One is a 12.95 sec. car @ 106mph and the other is a 12.42 sec. car @ 111mph. One is bone stock with our Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger(9psi boost) and the other has our Supercharger with 4.10 gear, X pipe, 12psi, Nitto Streeet Radial Slicks, Widen wheels, Maga Flow Exhaust.

2. I am looking for ginnie pigs of the SS, Z06, M5 type.

3. Car #1 get 22 mpg on highway, Car #2 gets 24mpg on the highway.

4. Looks great lowered.

5. Runs with the Big Dogs.

6. Getting ready to install 1" wider wheels on front, 1 1/2" wheels on back with 255/35 18's and 315/30 18's Michilen Pilot Sports.

Thanks for allowing me on the site. Looks great!!!!
'

I saw the article on the faster car posted on Lidio's site today. You should let him do the "Baumanator" upgrade to the tranny & have the exhaust opened up to some 2 3/4 -3" .( I would really like to see him/you do a custom set of headers as well) I think the tranny upgrade along with bigger Catback could get you real close to the 12flat mark or better. I think he can even wire up the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel "paddle shifter style"..

One question on the wheels- how much to get them widened to 9.5 " ???

Good luck to you & your company/Lidio. I have all my work done by him on my '98 Cobra and he is one of the best..
Maybe someday you can expand your blower line to the big SUV vehicles from Ford..

Later ,
Todd:

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
get one now i think they are not making them in 2004:bash: :bash:

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Hey Folks,

Just some answers to your questions :

1. The Marauder will be in production until June 2004.

2. Lidio is the best and he is a great partner on this project.

3. We are working on adapting this unit for the 4.6 4V Mustangs by January 2004.

4. We are also working on a similar unit for the new 4.6 3V and 5.4 3V in the new Ford(F150, Mustang, Explorer, etc.).

5. Ford some of the components you suggested, we would refer you to a well qualified aftermarket manufacturer, like headers, gauges, etc. We will provide a list os suppliers and their components on our web site soon.

6. I think the estimate for widening your existing wheels would be about $250/each. This is a lot it seems, so we are also looking into aftermarket wheels that would be more reasonably priced. Please stay tuned!

Thanks for the questions.

Wildpony

Established Member
Maybe Ford will do a SVT Crown Vic after the Marauder stops being produced...Maybe they could do it in the 'Vic a little cheaper than the Mercury's price tag??

Silverstrike

Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
Maybe Ford will do a SVT Crown Vic after the Marauder stops being produced...Maybe they could do it in the 'Vic a little cheaper than the Mercury's price tag??

They'er going to call it the Blackhawk if it gets produced
Right around $30,000 Don't know the exact specifics but the engine could be either 4.6 DOHC or 5.4L 3 valve but either well have more than what the Rauder has. I say around 330 HP and 350 Ft Lbs. of torque.IMO

Last edited:

a64armt

Established Member
Low price Marauder

I returned from the Mercury dealer last week. They had a Black 03 Marauder, new, for $25,999. Yes that is not a typo. I started doing my thing and had them down another $1,000. Yes, I have a line on a Black 03 Marauder for $24,999. I love the car, but I just bought a boat and the 02 Focus 10 months ago. We are not ready to buy another car yet. I will pursue a 04 Marauder if I can. I will wait until the end of 04, hopefully to take advantage of the end of the model year. Don't say it will be the end of the line and no incentives will be given. People said that about the 03 Marauder, the SVT Focus, and lots of cars like it. I will take my chances.

A co-worker bought a 03 Marauder ($27,000 in Nov 03) the same time I bought my Focus SVT. The First thing I said to him was............."oops, I could of had a V8!"

Wildpony

Established Member
I would like to see them do that and put in the new 5speed auto. I have one in my 4.0 Ranger and it is sweet. They would prob. have to use the one out of the LS or the F250/350 turbo diesel for durability. I may have to decide between an '05/'06 Stang or one of these..
I'll definately be up to see Lidio on this if I do get a 'Vic. (probably will see him if I get a Stang though as well:D )

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
THe tranny in your Ranger is the 5R55e. It's the same one used in the LS, Explorer, and Aviator. The Aviator has the same engine as the M so it should be able to handle the power.

a64armt

Established Member
Personally, I was hoping the 04 was going to have the S-55 option that Ford had promissed. I guess the Marauder never became the seller they had hoped for. I keep thinking to myself that for $24,999, I could buy the car and then send it to KB or one of the other tuners. The S-55 option from the factory would have been better, no questions on warranty voiding.

I think that I will wait though. I have told myself that I will stay away from the dealership. I have this characteristic, I can be an impulse buyer. Boy I do like that car though! I keep telling myself that it will be an excellent family car (the Crown Vics and Grand Marqius always were), and a fun to drive to boot!

I do have one question, not that it really matters. Is the insurance rating on the Marauder any higher than a standard Crown Vic or Grand Marquis?

BTW: Tarpon was 78 in long, and 125+ lb (est). Caught on 20 lb test, and fought for over an hour.

Thanks

a64armt

Established Member
What's the S-55 option?

It was to be a factory performance package which included a Supercharger.

See Link

popup_shell.php

Silverstrike

Established Member
Originally posted by a64armt

I do have one question, not that it really matters. Is the insurance rating on the Marauder any higher than a standard Crown Vic or Grand Marquis?

BTW: Tarpon was 78 in long, and 125+ lb (est). Caught on 20 lb test, and fought for over an hour.

Thanks

As in the other thread in this forum my Insurance rates the Ruder as only a Grand Marquise LS which is right around $1200 a year compare that to a 03 Cobra at $3500 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread