Good picks bad picks **NFL Draft**

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Just imagine if Crick plays to his potential with Watt on the other side. With the LB group we have opposing QB's would be shitting their pants (even more) lol. If we stay healthy the Patriots better watch out. I think you'll be happy with your draft. They filled some positions of need with some solid players.

It will be one heck of a matchup and I'll be there to see it. :rockon:

You boys better have 14-2 or 15-1 season for home field advantage. The Pats have the easiest schedule this year.

The Eagles really did great job with the draft picking some great defensive players. Hopefully Rodgers-Cromartie steps now that hes going to his natural position on the outside.

Its going to be a great division battle as well in the NFC East. All teams did great on their drafts too.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
besides the obvious for my boys....I liked we managed to get this guy UDFA just after the end of the draft

[youtube_browser]1XU34I3duRw[/youtube_browser]

my head scratcher pick....all teams included: San Fran....a WR?! lol....you have crabtree, ginn, moss, manningham.....and you pick a WR in the first?! come on

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You boys better have 14-2 or 15-1 season for home field advantage. The Pats have the easiest schedule this year.

The Eagles really did great job with the draft picking some great defensive players. Hopefully Rodgers-Cromartie steps now that hes going to his natural position on the outside.

Its going to be a great division battle as well in the NFC East. All teams did great on their drafts too.

A healthy Texans team doesn't need home field advantage to beat the Patriots, although it certainly wouldn't hurt. 14-2 would be a pipe dream as we have a pretty difficult schedule this year, and the NFL didn't do us any favors by scheduling 4 prime time games on the road.

The Eagles should have a very good team this year. I'm interested to see how DeMeco does. The question is, will they do anything with it? The NFC East should be a dogfight.

tt54l32v

Established Member
lol at Dallas moving to to take Claiborne. Any other team, the kid would have been a great NFL corner, but now that Dallas got their hands on him, well, say hello to the newest version of Terrance Newman. blown coverages 10 times a game, playing out of position, getting faked, and a shit load of pass interference calls coming your way Big D!!!!
poor kid's career is already ruined and over.

it won't pan out for them. any decent corner that they get their hands on they ruin rather quickly. they haven't had a decent corner that could cover a table, much less an elite WR since Deion Sanders.

I would normally agree with you here. But if I had to guess he is gonna be a great one. He is a better cover corner that Patrick Peterson. He is not a great run supporter but he wont have to be.
They had to have secondary, him or Barron, and they had to trade up to get either so why not go on up for Claiborne.

In other news, I have always watched the NFL, but have never had a team. I tired out several teams last year to no avail. Im not the bandwagon type and trying to follow my favorite Bama players around is futile. So I went with the Colts. Cant be a bandwagoner since the wagon has come to a screeching halt. New regime, gutted all the old stars from the team, they have a D minded coach now and moving to the 3-4. Im all in.

You guys rebuilt that front 7. Great early picks. Cox, Kendricks and Curry are going to radically change that defense. The pick of that QB was a head scratcher though. :shrug: But teams better watch the Eagles man. The NFC is incredibly competitive and the teams that didn't make then playoffs last year got much better this offseason.

Happy with most all of the picks for Cincy. They have one of the youngest teams and plenty of cap room if they need to make adjustments.

They had a fantastic draft.

Dre Kirkpatrick, Kevin Zeitler, Devon Still, Mohamed Sanu, Brandon Thompson and Orson Charles are all very solid picks. Zeitler could be a heck of a guard. I also saw you guys signed Vontaze Burfict. I hope Burfict makes it. He's crazy but he could be a very good LB if he takes things more seriously.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
lol at Dallas moving to to take Claiborne. Any other team, the kid would have been a great NFL corner, but now that Dallas got their hands on him, well, say hello to the newest version of Terrance Newman. blown coverages 10 times a game, playing out of position, getting faked, and a shit load of pass interference calls coming your way Big D!!!! :kaboom:

completely disagree

look at newman before his injuries....he was putting up comparable numbers the nnamdi. What you're recalls is his last 2-3 years with groin injuries he couldnt overcome.

jenkins is a very good cover corner. his problems are injuries (cant coach that) and he wont turn his head around to negate some of his PI calls (it was listed in his draft sheet back before he was in the league), cant coach change into someone who wont change. but otherwise, not a bad CB outside of injuries.

scandrick....did you see any other CB completely shut down welker last year besides scandrick? nope.

so, as you can see, most of our main CB's issues have been injuries.

Planter

Banned
Well Jacksonville knows Blaine Gabbert will be there QB next year, so they did what would be best for the team... They drafted a punter in the third round!

the best offense is a good defense. field position is paramount. good punter = put teams deep, and good defense equals hold teams deep and force a punt = good field position for the offense. :beer:

I don't get that at all, how the **** does a team that goes to the Super Bowl get such a bread and butter schedule, and Denver gets one of the hardest schedules? PLUS we have 5 prime time games, 3 at home, 2 on the road, and the NFL still FAILS to put Denver vs. New England on PRIMETIME? :shrug:

A healthy Texans team doesn't need home field advantage to beat the Patriots, although it certainly wouldn't hurt. 14-2 would be a pipe dream as we have a pretty difficult schedule this year, and the NFL didn't do us any favors by scheduling 4 prime time games on the road.

everyone knows the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through Denver. :bored:

I would normally agree with you here. But if I had to guess he is gonna be a great one. He is a better cover corner that Patrick Peterson. He is not a great run supporter but he wont have to be.
They had to have secondary, him or Barron, and they had to trade up to get either so why not go on up for Claiborne.

im not knocking the move, it's a logical move, a smart one, just saying that the Cowboys ruin every good db or safety they get that's supposed to be great and never works out. lol.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't get that at all, how the **** does a team that goes to the Super Bowl get such a bread and butter schedule, and Denver gets one of the hardest schedules? PLUS we have 5 prime time games, 3 at home, 2 on the road, and the NFL still FAILS to put Denver vs. New England on PRIMETIME? :shrug:

Almost all of the schedule is done in advance. NE plays their 6 division games this year, plus the AFC South and NFC West. They'd have that schedule no matter how well they did last year. Their 2 remaining games are against the Ravens and Broncos.

Planter said:
everyone knows the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through Denver. :bored:

I know, because the Texans play at Denver this year. :D

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
They had a fantastic draft.

Dre Kirkpatrick, Kevin Zeitler, Devon Still, Mohamed Sanu, Brandon Thompson and Orson Charles are all very solid picks. Zeitler could be a heck of a guard. I also saw you guys signed Vontaze Burfict. I hope Burfict makes it. He's crazy but he could be a very good LB if he takes things more seriously.

Yes, they did sign him (undrafted) so if it works out I'm guessing they will be getting rid of Rey Rey next year. Unfortunately, he hasn't panned out to be the stud MLB that we need.
Like I said young team, plenty of talent, and finally got rid of all the attitude issues that plagued this franchise for years. Hopefully we can get a win in the post-season now.

tt54l32v

Established Member
Yes, they did sign him (undrafted) so if it works out I'm guessing they will be getting rid of Rey Rey next year. Unfortunately, he hasn't panned out to be the stud MLB that we need.
Like I said young team, plenty of talent, and finally got rid of all the attitude issues that plagued this franchise for years. Hopefully we can get a win in the post-season now.

Burfict is not only crazy, that you could coach out him (maybe). But he ran a 5 second 40, come out early as a jr. after missing quite a few games. Got into a fight in the locker room, failed the combine drug test and lied. Then called around and said he was sorry for lying. Then blamed his coaching staff for all his problems. Now I got nothing against taking a chance on him as an udfa. He might stick for a while but I doubt for long.
The only reason you know his name is because he has made top plays with big hits and then kept his name in the news with all his drama. Its also not like he has first round talent and character problems that caused him to go undrafted. He is slow, cant cover and struggles getting off blocks.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Burfict is not only crazy, that you could coach out him (maybe). But he ran a 5 second 40, come out early as a jr. after missing quite a few games. Got into a fight in the locker room, failed the combine drug test and lied. Then called around and said he was sorry for lying. Then blamed his coaching staff for all his problems. Now I got nothing against taking a chance on him as an udfa. He might stick for a while but I doubt for long.
The only reason you know his name is because he has made top plays with big hits and then kept his name in the news with all his drama. Its also not like he has first round talent and character problems that caused him to go undrafted. He is slow, cant cover and struggles getting off blocks.

He does have some character issues, but would the bengals be like with those type of picks? Haha. We r getting good praise across the board.we will see what happens u

Not if they meet us again muwuahahaha!

You guys got a good team no shame in that. We Definetly got out classed in the wild card round. Good luck this year.

mysterio

Established Member
He does have some character issues, but would the bengals be like with those type of picks? Haha. We r getting good praise across the board.we will see what happens u

Since when have character issues been a problem for the bengals?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
You guys rebuilt that front 7. Great early picks. Cox, Kendricks and Curry are going to radically change that defense. The pick of that QB was a head scratcher though. :shrug: But teams better watch the Eagles man. The NFC is incredibly competitive and the teams that didn't make then playoffs last year got much better this offseason.

They did rebuilt that front 7. They led the league with 50 sacks last year. It was in the middle and LB's that was the issue.

Demeco Ryans leadership and play is a BIG boost for the defense, drafting Micheal from Cal is a fast LB and will flourish. Cox should be a great fit in the middle of the line along with the other rookie DE Curry behind Babin and Cole. DRC playing on the outside, his natural position, should improve along with Nmandi. Boykin, from UGA, will fit in the slot position, hes speedy and a great tackler, he should also return punts and KO's too.

EDIT:

As for Foles, he's 6'5 with a cannon. Lets be honest, Vick wont play a full season. Kafka is a good back up so Foles should sit and let Marty Morningeh should teach him and he will eventually be a starter unless they do the Kolb thing again.

Last edited:

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Lions get an A for Reiff.

I'd give them a B+ for rounds 4+.

But a definite WTF grade for 2-3. I personally think Broyles is too much of a gamble given we could have addressed other needs better at that spot, and I think Bentley was a godawful pick. Broyles, IF he heals, and if some of his tools haven't rusted, could be a decent receiver to complement CJ and Young.

However, finally, the upcoming season is a more exciting prospect than the draft.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Since when have character issues been a problem for the bengals?

Exactly. It was nice last season to not have any of those guys and they did very well for a rebuilding team. I'm not sure I like the risk for a guy with character issues, I guess we will see what happens.

Oh yeah? Well your team... You guys... shit, I'm not used to the nice talk. Thanks, same to you. :beer:

Haha, ya we were not ready for the playoffs and went in young and inexperienced. Texans did a great job. I'm sure without the injuries you guys will do well this season.

Users who are viewing this thread