Good picks bad picks **NFL Draft**

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Lets hear what you think of the NFL draft, who reached for a player, who got a steal, and why?

I hate the Cowboys, but they really got a good deal moving up to number 6 in the first round to get Morris Claibourne. With the other additions in the offseason they are turning there defensive backfield into a very improved group.

On the other hand I don't understand taking DT in the first 15 picks, this year the Chiefs take Dontari Poe. He had sick numbers at the combine but didn't really show up on the field. Only 3 years ago they drafted Glenn Dorsey at number 5 in the first round, in 3 years he has had only 3 sacks. All while making 10 million a year! Im not that great at math but thats 10 million a sack.

Also I dont get the hype on Ryan Tannehill, he couldn't beat out Jerrod Johnson who didn't even get drafted at the quarterback position. A year later he goes 8th overall in the draft?!?!?!:shrug:

What are your thoughts on the draft so far.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I cannot wait for this season, RG3 seemed a bit too cocky for me. Almost jamarcus russel cocky.

tt54l32v

Established Member
Pats did really good.
Phins reached hard.
Cheifs blew it.
Seahawks :shrug:
Titans reached
Chargers got a steal
Vikings reached hard on the second pick
Somebody missed out on Upshaw but he will be there tom.

Rossim22

Established Member
Come on guys don't forget my boys in Cleveland, who gave away three picks to move one spot and get a guy they were gonna get anyways lol. But Trent Richardson should be a playmaker considering he doesn't crash-and-burn like peyton hills

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
lol, you could never be too cocky. If you dont understand RG3 now, you never will. He's the total opposite of Russell.

+65000

Very grounded. I personally think he will do well in the NFL.

I think the Lions quietly made a good pick, finally drafting to a position and not using the BPA strategy. They need to start protecting better and opening more holes for their backs. Very important.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I am still in shock that the pats moved up twice in the first round... and they made some great picks to help out the defence... They usually trade down for like 20 3rd round picks.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Worst picks:

Tannehill at 8 by Miami. Idiots.
Chiefs taking Dontari Poe who was mediocre playing in Conference USA last year.

Best picks:

Browns taking T. Rich and B. Weeden. They addressed their biggest concerns and both should have an immediate impact. Although I dont think they needed to trade up to get Richardson.

Rossim22

Established Member
Best picks:

Browns taking T. Rich and B. Weeden. They addressed their biggest concerns and both should have an immediate impact. Although I dont think they needed to trade up to get Richardson.

I guess there were a few teams closely behind the Browns that wanted him and were offering trades to Minnesota so they just ensured that they were the ones to grab him

4VFreak

Beyaaahhhh!!!!!
Established Member
I guess there were a few teams closely behind the Browns that wanted him and were offering trades to Minnesota so they just ensured that they were the ones to grab him

Yeah, the Browns had 13 picks in this draft. Who cares if they gave up 3 late rounders to be sure they got their guy? We'll see how Brandon Weeden works out though.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Miami wasted their first round pick.

Glad Detroit got Mr.Glass some protection, now we need a reciever since Johnson got the Madden cover.

dooberGN

Established Member

I'm willing to bet the Bucs would have moved up, they did to Doug Martin. I love the Weeden pick can't wait to see how it pans out.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
didnt see dallASS moving up to 6.. **** the cowboys. i hate them. and their stupid trade to get claiborne.

68999.jpg

Funny how you don't talk about your team, just the team you "hate"

Dallas did "okay".

I wish they would have went with Barron then Upshaw. Good thing is their biggest weakness may have just turned into their biggest strength. Hopefully they can still make a move for Upshaw.

The Browns are going to be doing well. Weeden is a haus and so is Richardson. They may be pretty good together.

Not sold on RG3 or Luck.

Blackmon is like a mini Dez with more skill, he should do just fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread