Good God!!! Will It Ever Stop Raining????

torqued

Go Fast Turn Left
Established Member
Every buddy wines that we are short on rain fall than when it rains they cry it's raining. Make up your mind.
Rain or not I love this town.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
torqued said:
Every buddy wines that we are short on rain fall than when it rains they cry it's raining. Make up your mind.
Rain or not I love this town.

I could live in the Sahara and ride camels all day. I love dryness that much. That's why I moved here. :thumbsup:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
VenemousShadow said:
Ahhh crap my house is gonna float away

Did you see this week's forecast?:

Thursday: Rain
Friday: Rain
Saturday: Rain
N. Tuesday: Rain
N. Wednesday: Rain

I feel like I have to start building a boat and collecting various animals. :nonono:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I know the feeling. As much as we need the rain, I still hate it. Our lake definately needs A LOT of water, but I hate it when it rains. Oh well, what can I do about it. Here is what the drought has done for us:

136.jpg

Notice the huge dumpster down there, and how small it looks?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Wow. :uh oh:

That's a recent pic? We're getting all your rain as the wash next to the house is completely full. Last week we got over an inch of rain.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
VenemousShadow said:
damn chris take some of our rain, hey platinum, have you seen rio salado recently, the damn thing is full

YES! Amazing, huh. You should see the Aqua Fria bypass here. It's running like a river. Oh, and I started digging the holes for my waterfall because the idiots said we wouldn't get any rain Today. :kaboom:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yeah I took that picture in Dec. when I was heading to Albuquerque. That lake used to host over 250,000 people on Labor day and Memorial day. Now it sits about 6% capacity. Between Colorado not getting enough snow, and us not getting enough rain in the past 5 years, it has left us dry. I hate the rain but we definitely need it. There have been a lot of bodies showing up in there lately :uh oh: I guess Gweedo didn't bury them as deep as he thought he did! :kaboom:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Chris_H said:
Yeah I took that picture in Dec. when I was heading to Albuquerque. That lake used to host over 250,000 people on Labor day and Memorial day. Now it sits about 6% capacity. Between Colorado not getting enough snow, and us not getting enough rain in the past 5 years, it has left us dry. I hate the rain but we definitely need it. There have been a lot of bodies showing up in there lately :uh oh: I guess Gweedo didn't bury them as deep as he thought he did! :kaboom:

Interesting. My family lives in Colorado and they're begging for snow. Don't blame them. Bodies huh? Any cars down there worth salvaging?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Haven't heard of any cars showing up. If I hear of some, I'll give ya a call ;-) The building you see in that picture is the OLD hospital which used to be part of the town prior to the dam being built.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
HOLY CRAP!!! You should see the lightning show out tonight!!!

I'm officially calling my back yard, "Lake Platinum" now.

On a good note, I'm finally getting in all the goodies for the planter box, yard trim, and waterfall. The stone for the waterfall is being shipped in from a quarry in the Grand Canyon. The trim bricks are being special delivered from Northern California (Pacific Clay). Hopefully the ground will dry up enough to lay the concrete footers down soon.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yeah we had a nice storm rip through here last night too. Suppose to rain again today. So long as it doesn't rain tomorrow when I go pick up the car I will be happy. Seems anytime I drive to Tucson or Phx anymore, it always rains. :bash:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Here we go again:

Tonight: rain
Friday: rain
Saturday: rain
Tuesday: rain
Wednesday: rain
Thursday: chance of rain

:cuss:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ok I took the time to read this whole damn thread LOL! .. Try being out here ... rain and well mud .. and when the rain stops it is just mud. and there is no letting shit sink into the ground either .. it is wait till the damn lake in the parking lot evaporates .. we got a couple of inches of rain three weeks ago and there is still a lake in the parking lot. of course in a couple of weeks there will be no rain ... and it will be hot and dry and dusty till next winter then it will be rain and mud mud everywhere again. and when this mud startd to dry it turns into paste ... sticky to everything .. build up on your shoes so your 10 inches taller ... LOL

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I know it's hard to imagine but it has done nothing but rain the past 3 days! :cuss: So long as there is no rain tomorrow, I will be happy. Suppose to be 58* and partly cloudy for the T&T tomorrow. Perfect weather if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread