Good Drag Radials

venomboysvt

Established Member
When I get back from deployment I will be getting alot of bolt ons and I want some Drag radials. What would be the best ones. I heard Nitto, but no others. What size would be good to go with I have saleen reps with the current size of 245 40 18.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Nitto's aren't the very best in terms of stickiness, but you can actually get some mileage out of them. The MT's or BFG's are awesome DR's, but last for like 8,000 miles.

It all depends on how often you want to buy tires.

SpittinVenom

Established Member
I really do like my nittos. The other night, after I heated them up and raced a lightning I pulled into a parking lot, with some nice new asphault (nittos love asphault) and with them at 32 psi, I launched from 4k with very minimal hop, it felt like it launched almost as hard as my old talon TSI (but it pulled 1.7 60's haha) and Im on a stock IRS with 4.10's and lowering springs. What rear end are you going to be using?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Yea I have Nitto on my car with stock IRS, intake and exhaust and they are plenty sticky and you can get some miles out of them. IMO this is how it goes, if you Daily drive it or drive it a decent amount and don't want to buy tires all the time get NItto's, if you don't drive your car alot and want super sticky but not many miles get BFG's or M/T's. But I hear that the M/T's are even stickier than the BFG's.

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
I have a set of BFG's that I use at the strip. They hook great, but I only use them when I race. I just can't afford to replace them every 6 months.

chuckstang

Established Member
What is the exact name of Nitto tire you are all talking about? is it called the 555r ? and can it be used in the rain at all or ?

SpittinVenom

Established Member
Yeah its the 555R's. Yes you can drive them in the rain, but they are summer only meaning no snow/ice. My nittos actually grip better in the rain than my street tires did.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Not to jack this thread but what is the avarage milage you get out of nitto dr's with normal driving. I made 3 passes at the track with mine after i got them and did 3 huge burnouts and it dont even look like I took anything off them.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
If you drive your car alot you should go with Nitto drag radials. They hook very well on the street and get great wear. Now if you have the money to spend alot and want the absolute best drag radial I heard no other matches the M/T drag radials. But then again this is just what I've heard from my friends. I myself have only had Nittos and BFGs and you couldn't talk me into putting another set of BFGs on my car unless you gave them to me free.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
ON my turbocharged focus years back I got almost 15K on my nitto 555R's. They can get real sticky but you've got to realyl heat them up. I was able to pull a few 1.8 60's from that fwd car on those tires.

venomboysvt

Established Member
Looks like I'll be going with Nittos then. I dont want to replace tires that often,even though I dont drive it that much.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
can someone with the nittos dr post pics of them. Specificaly from the rim and side wall. i heard that they are skinier than others and was wondering if the rim on say a 10.5 inch will stick out past the rubber on a 315. im currently running the perelli p zero corsa dr and they are awesome,both in tire/rim size and grip, when warmed up.thanks

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
SNAKIE said:
can someone with the nittos dr post pics of them. Specificaly from the rim and side wall. i heard that they are skinier than others and was wondering if the rim on say a 10.5 inch will stick out past the rubber on a 315. im currently running the perelli p zero corsa dr and they are awesome,both in tire/rim size and grip, when warmed up.thanks

No pics, but I can tell you that the 315's on 10.5" wheels are vertical from teh rim of the wheel. They don't bow outward or inward.

My buddy is currently running the 315/35/17 Nitto 555R's on his 10.5" 95 R's

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I got 285's on a 9 inch rim and the are striaght up and down no bowing at all. The Nikttos do run smaller than say the BFG's.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
When I order mine I'm going with MT's. If I can't find them then BFG DR's. They hook soo much better than nitto's.

But I have extra rims for racing...

Users who are viewing this thread