Good deal gone....GOOD!!!!

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I just wanted to post up about a recent part I bought of a member on here. With all the negative FS deals lately, I have to say there are still good, honest guys in the world.

Svt4me38 aka Steve is A+ and a man who stands behind his word.

Recap of the deal: I bought a rear seat headrest off Steve. The mounting tabs were intact and in perfect shape. He sent many pics and shipped it out USPS within a day of payment. We stayed in contact thru text. Got the package a few days later and the box was good but definately tossed around. I opened it up and both tabs were broken off.

I texted Steve and sent a few pics. He responded immediately and we agreed I would go to post office to inquire about a claim. They basically told me I was shit outta luck since it wasn't insured. (Btw, they wanted $75 for insurance?!?!)

At this point, I'm feeling like its not Steve's fault since he packed it good and sometimes shit happens. But also I have a part I can't use. Before I knew it, Steve texted me that he would split the loss with me and paypal'ed half the money back to me. Thru all of it, he never stopped texting with me nor passed blame.

THANKS STEVE aka Svt4me38. You are a scholar and a gentleman!:beer:

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
...the USPS on the other hand, what a bunch of douche bags.

Shit happens with all of the shipping companies. Unfortunately this time poor handling came at your misfortune. Stand up job by the seller though and I'm glad we still have a few stand up sellers out there.

mrose75

Established Member
Good stuff. I've done that before. Bought parts off a guy for my M3 and he was quoted a certain price on shipping. I paid for parts and shipping. A week or so later he's billed twice as much for shipping (Freaking UPS). He talked them down a quarter of it and I split the difference with him. He was a stand up guy and I figured it was only fair.

Tunink

Established Member
Not that any of the other shipping companies are any better at times: I refuse to use the USPS.

numbnutz

Established Member
Fed Ex is no better, trust me. Recently had Brian at Powderhouse PC my Brembos and sent my core back and the pics he sent upon arrival looked as is the box fell out of an airplane. I put bubble wrap around each caliper and when he got them the bubble wrap was all deflated and a hole on the side of the box you could literally put your hand through.

Filed a claim and since I didn't insure the package Fed Ex policy is to only reimburse $ 100. So I'm out $ 450. Lesson learned. :fm:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Steve's a good guy with a badass car. :beer:

UPS is the only shipper I use.... and they drop off at my house around 10 AM vs. 3-4 PM for USPS and FedEx.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Always good to hear the positive, it sucks seeing those threads on people having bad experiences. I have dealt with 5 different users on here and thus far (knock on wood) has been awesome. All have been very honest and pleasant to deal with.
USPS on the other hand can eat a bag of dicks, I hate going through them.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have had only a couple of transactions on the forum but both guys were great to deal with and had no issues. Ditto on the shipping companies.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I got my 18" AFS from Steve (Svt4me38)
good-guy-steve_o_1180138.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread