Going to make VIN/ID tag, would anyone be interested in one?

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Admin has ok'd this so the thread is back, and I will still be working on it next week since I have it off from work. As before, just PM oe email me and I'm more than happy to add you to "the list" so that I can get these out to you.

As far as cost, it will still be about the same, $15-20 or so; basically free shipping since it can go in a padded manila envelope. Since I can't sell them w/o someone telling my mommy, for your $15-20 you will receive a totally custom one-off index card with my name on it, yay! With your purchase of the index card you will also receive a FREE build/VIN metal tag as well!

fangs99

Established Member
This will be perfict for my driver side coil cover where the 32 valve decal use to be...I had mine polished.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Ok, slight change of plans as far as notifying me - from here on out, please email me at duffmanrha (at) hotmail.com to be updated as it progresses

The CP doesn't allow me to send messages to more than 5 people at a time, and it will be easier to attach pics through hotmail as well. I am sending out a test message tonight so if you have sent me a message already and do NOT receive an email from me tonight, just PM me your email address so I can update it.

I am looking at getting some examples done this week, need to get the sizing right between the label itself and the stamped letters/numbers. After that I will get a bunch made of the designs that everyone has pretty much agreed on, which is the first one for the engine bay and second or fourth for the interior, and will start shipping them out beginning of January. Once I get to that point, thats when I'll have people send funds, I assume via Paypal, but anything works really just as long as all the info is included when the "order" is placed.

Again, if you do NOT receive an email from me tonight, please let me know and send your email so I can keep everyone informed all at the same time, while also saving me a bit of time too.

Last edited:

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I want the top one. Do you stamp these? How much?

There will be two available now actually; I had originally only planned on doing one for the engine bay, which is one of these two but most likely w/ the oversized Cobra :

svtplate.gif

svtplate4.gif

The second one will be for the interior, and will be made to fit right above the and will be long enough that it will need to be offset to the right in order to fit, however anyone can put it anywhere really:

svtplate3.gif

When someone wants one, I will get the exact same info that is on the build cert, so that's all the info you need, and the letters will be STAMPED into the metal and NOT engraved, in order to give a more classic look. I am also thinking about using some right angle metal to use in order to make the interior one be vertical, instead of at a 35 degree angle but that can come later.

Pricing will be about $20 but could be higher depending on how much of a deal I can get by doing a quantity purchase.

Those of you that PM'd your email address, I have added you on and I am happy to send a final design, with the final dimensions and to-scale. It may change depending on the size of letters that work best for stamping, and if may lose the Ford emblem simply because the shop will recognize the Ford emblem, but prolly not the Cobra or SVT logos.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
I had high hopes for this, since it looks like he put alot of effort into tweaking the design......and Im just not crazy about the design of the SVTOA ones, the red logo and the font they used just dont inspire me......

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I had high hopes for this, since it looks like he put alot of effort into tweaking the design......and Im just not crazy about the design of the SVTOA ones, the red logo and the font they used just dont inspire me......

That tag shown on the site is just a sample. You can have them made pretty much any way you want. Multiple fonts and multiple designs I'm sure.

Contact them and get an idea...

Data Plates Plus - About Us

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
W/o going into great detail, I've been very busy lately looking for a new job after leaving my last one - I'm just glad I saved all my PTO for exactly this situation. Hell, I haven't even signed into SVTP in well over a month, which is why I'm just now replying to this. If people actually knew what was up, then it most definitely would not have been a situation of "no surprise there" but I don't post my life online.

I am most definitely going to still be doing this, even if its just for my car, and I'll then post up the results and where to get one. I don't dislike the SVTOA design at all, but I wanted something that emulated the Saleen-type plaques that look like they came from the factory and serialized by having the numbers stamped in - again, just like the Saleen tags.

I looked at that site and I don't see anywhere a "Licensed by Ford" disclaimer anywhere on the site, so not sure what you mean by "Licensed" - I did however see where you have to sign up to become a member just to be eligible to purchase a data plaque.

Last edited:

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
thanks JRG.....and Duff I love your design so keep us posted for progress.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
W/o going into great detail, I've been very busy lately looking for a new job after leaving my last one - I'm just glad I saved all my PTO for exactly this situation. Hell, I haven't even signed into SVTP in well over a month, which is why I'm just now replying to this. If people actually knew what was up, then it most definitely would not have been a situation of "no surprise there" but I don't post my life online.

I am most definitely going to still be doing this, even if its just for my car, and I'll then post up the results and where to get one. I don't dislike the SVTOA design at all, but I wanted something that emulated the Saleen-type plaques that look like they came from the factory and serialized by having the numbers stamped in - again, just like the Saleen tags.

I looked at that site and I don't see anywhere a "Licensed by Ford" disclaimer anywhere on the site, so not sure what you mean by "Licensed" - I did however see where you have to sign up to become a member just to be eligible to purchase a data plaque.

They wouldn't be on the SVTOA website if they weren't licensed.

Users who are viewing this thread