Going to make VIN/ID tag, would anyone be interested in one?

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
No that's definitely NOT what you said, and I wish I would have quoted your post, but oh well. In fact, I can see that you edited your post above and added in the "half" part of what is now "half tempted" . Then you changed the rest of that sentence to say "if I decide to spend the time" instead of what you originally said. Yea, I guess I'm the one with the sandy vagina if that means I say its a dick move to tattle on me to Ford. It has nothing to do with reading comprehension, you got your message across quite clear, but then bitched out and edited your post and accuse everyone else of not understanding you.

Also, I sent the message to Sid, just as a forum moderator asked me to do. When I said "admin" that's who I meant, as I assumed if he owns the website, he has administrator powers as well.

To everyone that wanted/wants one : I am still going to get them made, it'll just now be a hassle to get the word out to those that are interested. Feel free to PM or email me at duffmanrha (at) hotmail.com and I will keep everyone in the loop as developments come, and will send pics as well once I get the first one printed out; I just won't be able to make any threads about it now, thanks to our skilled backpedaler boy scout.

+1 on that and I will be keeping in touch for this :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The post about copyright law was fine, but threatening to contact Ford just so you can be an e-baller is crap.

Go find something else to do. :rollseyes

I did not threaten. I merely mentioned that I had half a mind to just to prove myself right since no one in this thread has any reading comprehension skills. go back and read post 31 again with your reading skills hat on. and I didn't say what I did until people who know nothing about copyright and apparently don't respect copyright threw the bullshit flag.

either way good luck with it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I did not threaten. I merely mentioned that I had half a mind to just to prove myself right since no one in this thread has any reading comprehension skills. go back and read post 31 again with your reading skills hat on. and I didn't say what I did until people who know nothing about copyright and apparently don't respect copyright threw the bullshit flag.

either way good luck with it.

I am well aware of the law & can comprehend it just fine. Take your bullshit broom and go ride off into the night sky. The guy would have made what, 10 of these tops? And probably taken a hit on each of them? Go find something truly worthwhile to occupy your time with.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am well aware of the law & can comprehend it just fine. Take your bullshit broom and go ride off into the night sky. The guy would have made what, 10 of these tops? And probably taken a hit on each of them? Go find something truly worthwhile to occupy your time with.

you still don't get it. FORD's lawyers are the ones to be concerned with. I guarentee you that it is entirely possible they would make an issue of it. they have made issues of less. and he is still planning on making them so there is no "would have made" about it. As I said ... all I was trying to do is make him aware and he and the rest of you got all ass hurt over it.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
So according to you RDJ that even if he made one for his car ALONE he would have to worry about Fords lawyers coming to get him because it has the Cobra Emblem on it? I mean that would mean that all the people that have them tattooed on themselves should get sued as well because it is a "FORD"/SVT" Copyright. Even people that draw it on paper should as well...man this is a tough world :nonono:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So according to you RDJ that even if he made one for his car ALONE he would have to worry about Fords lawyers coming to get him because it has the Cobra Emblem on it? I mean that would mean that all the people that have them tattooed on themselves should get sued as well because it is a "FORD"/SVT" Copyright. Even people that draw it on paper should as well...man this is a tough world :nonono:
that is not what I said at all. I never even implied that. go back to school and learn how to comprehend what you read

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Honest question here...

Why wouldn't a tattoo artist be in danger of being sued for inking up a copyrighted image on someone?

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
let me say one thing, if ford is that petty about making a plate for a car that these people purchased because they love fords. and these same people are most likely going to buy another ford in the near future then they are STUPID. If i guy is selling t shirts and making 15 a pop on a huge website that's a diff story compared to a couple of enthusiasts make a plate for the interior or engine bay of their car

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
let me say one thing, if ford is that petty about making a plate for a car that these people purchased because they love fords. and these same people are most likely going to buy another ford in the near future then they are STUPID. If i guy is selling t shirts and making 15 a pop on a huge website that's a diff story compared to a couple of enthusiasts make a plate for the interior or engine bay of their car

not going to argue this at all because I agree with it. but ford has been that petty. and that is all I am trying to say to the OP. he can do what he wants but he should go into it with his eyes open to the possibility

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
not going to argue this at all because I agree with it. but ford has been that petty. and that is all I am trying to say to the OP. he can do what he wants but he should go into it with his eyes open to the possibility

if they have that's crap. this is america tho land of the lawsuit

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
you still don't get it. FORD's lawyers are the ones to be concerned with. I guarentee you that it is entirely possible they would make an issue of it. they have made issues of less. and he is still planning on making them so there is no "would have made" about it. As I said ... all I was trying to do is make him aware and he and the rest of you got all ass hurt over it.

Go back to grammar school and learn how to spell. While you're at it, learn how to write a grammatically correct sentence :kaboom:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
that is not what I said at all. I never even implied that. go back to school and learn how to comprehend what you read

I know what I read and I see what you "implied" and honestly I think everyone has the same view about what you are doing here.

Honest question here...

Why wouldn't a tattoo artist be in danger of being sued for inking up a copyrighted image on someone?

+1 That is what I said a couple post ago. Why haven't you answered that yet? It is the same concept as making a plaque, is it not?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I know what I read and I see what you "implied" and honestly I think everyone has the same view about what you are doing here.?
the only reason I came into this thread was all said in my FIRST post. A simple two line post that not one of you seemed to comprehend. no nefarious meaning or anything else untill you people attacked me like a bunch of school yard children.

I didn't "imply" anything. if you knew anything about me or had really bothered to read much of what I have posted you would know that I don't "imply" I say it straight out and to your face. I don't give a shit what you think I might have "implied"

mike.b

Established Member
Before you get a lawsuit from FoMoCo, you will VERY likely get a kind cease and desist letter. Just stop when you get it and dont keep much stock on hand.

Btw, I offered to make cobra t-shirts at cost and the thread was deleted so expect to see this one gone as well. Unless your paying to be a vendor here, your not selling shit. It's a shame because I know on low quantity stuff like this and what I was going to do, you can't mark it up enough to cover vendor fees and keep the price affordable/reasonable.

Good luck in making these, I'll be sending an email for updates.

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
Before you get a lawsuit from FoMoCo, you will VERY likely get a kind cease and desist letter. Just stop when you get it and dont keep much stock on hand.

Btw, I offered to make cobra t-shirts at cost and the thread was deleted so expect to see this one gone as well. Unless your paying to be a vendor here, your not selling shit. It's a shame because I know on low quantity stuff like this and what I was going to do, you can't mark it up enough to cover vendor fees and keep the price affordable/reasonable.

Suck on this RDJ :burn:

Thanks for chiming in Mike.. Btw, love the shirt!! :beer:

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Suck on this RDJ
Thanks for chiming in Mike.. Btw, love the shirt!!

damn you are ignorant. he is saying basically the same damn thing I have been saying and said in my FIRST post. He is correct in that the first thing is a cease and desist letter. The end result is the same, the op wastes his time making shit he cant legally sell without getting sued. Had I been as specific as Miky you bleeding vaginas would have still jumped my case.

so I will pass on the suckage, you are much better at it than I am apparently, noob

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
since there are apparently bunches of you that failed to read what I FIRST posted here it is again:

Word of warning. you are infringing on Fords copyright to the stuff you have on those proposed tags. If they get wind of it you WILL be sued they have done it before and are still doing it. you might want to check and be sure you are on solid legal footing before doing stuff like this.

not much different that what Mike posted at all since as I said above the end result will be the same whether they sue or send a cease and desist letter, namely the op winds up with shit he cant legally sell.

mike.b

Established Member
There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Ford has absolutely no problem suing anyone. They are the most aggressive automaker in this respect. If you keep stock low and cease when told, you will be fine. Change company names and resume operations....lmao. I know people that do this. Sounds like a pita to me though.

Users who are viewing this thread