Going Holley EFI

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
have searched and found not a lot of people have jumped into the Holley EFI setup for the mod motors. I attended the tier 1 class in April after I heard they had a dedicated plug and play kit for the mod motor. Currently in Bowling Green taking tier 2 and tier 3. Going to do the 4V kit with a Domminator for my 04 Cobra so stay tuned for an install thread. Really excited to see what I can do with this setup.

cj428mach

Established Member
What are the benefits of the Holley over the stock computer?

I though Joe said its kind of a self learning system, you can tweak yourself but it is able to dial itself in with a wideband.....God I hope I didn't make that all up...I'm getting old. Joe i'm in for your results lol.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
It is a self learn system but also full tune able by the user. With the dominator ecu you can create custom inputs and outputs to control every thing in the car if you want. Has built in boost control for turbo cars, built in NOS controller etc. It will be able to control a 4r70 trans also here soon. It's endless what it's capable of. I plan to document the install and the setup steps for the tune. I think you woukd like it mike

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'll be interested to see the results. I doubt I'll ever have anything that needs an aftermarket ECU, but it's always cool to see new stuff.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You can probably use those massive LS1 ignition coils with this stand alone ECU :rockon:

You still need the factory ECU to run everything else which kinds sucks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm not sure if that's the same system but earlier in the year I looked into getting the PRO EFI which I thought was also a Holley product but I can't remember now. A local vendor quoted me $3400 so I decided to hold off. The main reasons I was looking at it besides easier tuning and data logging is it supported closed loop under WOT and also supported been a true flex fuel car that can alter fuel delivery and ignition timing based on gasoline / ethanol content.

It also had other cool futures for turbo cars which I might make use of some day like boost by gear, anti-lag etc. Had a ton of options. I have two vehicles I was wanting to fit it with and at $3400 a pop I decided not to. $2k wouldn't be bad though if it's the same thing or supports the same features.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Instructions?

There are literally 4 pages of instructions and a barely legible wiring diagram. I hope that it is truly plug and play or that there is a real set of instructions in the box.

I don't see anywhere that the stock ECU has to be maintained.

Users who are viewing this thread