Go Pro vid of my n/a 427 Fox coupe on 17" radials at the Rockingham FFW

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
First just want to say thanks to my friend Troy for letting me stick the Go Pro on my coupe for a couple passes.
It's his stock 2012 GT500 making a pass in the middle of the vid(he's had less than a week)
My coupe has a 427ci pump gas windsor stroker with a Tremec TKO 5spd and was on 17" Nitto NT05R drag radials.(he thought it was on MT's) Use to be quicker with the old c4/stall setup but it much more fun with a 5spd not to mention able to drive it about anywhere.
051.jpg

053.jpg

[youtube_browser]yPQcsgGxu2M[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Saw your pass. I thought that was you Billy,great pass and you flat rolled out in 2nd. I was kind of hoping the front would come up a little...:rockon:

Last edited:

NC STANG GUY

Established Member
Very nice notch, what's the weight and power numbers on the car?
Thanks! It's heavy for a coupe. I'm a large fellow myself. With the 17's and radials all around its right at 3200lbs. Made 545rwhp/519rwtq through the Tremec.

Gorgeous notch. Are your tail lights tinted at all??
Thank you sir. They aren't but I honestly thought they looked it the way that top pic came out.

Saw your pass. I thought that was you Billy,great pass and you flat rolled out in 2nd. I was kind of hoping the front would come up a little...:rockon:

Thanks Tony. Tough to come off too hard in a street car with radials and a 5spd. Shocking the radial too hard will just make it spin.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Great time man. Somehow out of all the pictures I took I didnt get one of yours. I did get one of your buddy though.

P1020763.jpg

NC STANG GUY

Established Member
I wish it were EFI, but can you list you engine combo?

I wouldn't mind if it were either but just can't justify the $$$ swapping it back now for little or no gain in any aspect.
Doesn't have the under hood appeal of seeing an EFI setup with a big elbow and 90mm tb with some 4" piping going to it I know.
Maybe the next time I swap the setup it'll change.

Anyways..
Stock 90 model 351 block .030 over with main girdle
Forged 4.17" stroke crank
Light weight I beam 6.2"(or 6.25" can't remember off the top of my head)rods
Probe forged pistons,comes out to right at 10.75:1 compression. Runs on 92-93 fine.
AFR 225 heads with 1.6 Crane Gold rockers/rocker stud girdle
Herbert solid roller with mid 600's lift 250/260 duration @.050 tight 108 lobe
Edelbrock super victor intake unported
850 Demon carb
1 3/4 MAC 351 swap long tubes,3" Dr Gas X pipe,MAC 3" catback with tailpipes
Tremec TKO(older version),Spec stage 3 clutch,4.10 rear gears
Had Nitto NT05R 315/35/17's on the rear.
Engine has been in the car since October 2005. Might see 1000-1500 miles a year.

Last edited:

WhiteLX50

Established Member
I wouldn't mind if it were either but just can't justify the $$$ swapping it back now for little or no gain in any aspect.
Doesn't have the under hood appeal of seeing an EFI setup with a big elbow and 90mm tb with some 4" piping going to it I know.
Maybe the next time I swap the setup it'll change.

Anyways..
Stock 90 model 351 block .030 over with main girdle
Forged 4.17" stroke crank
Light weight I beam 6.2"(or 6.25" can't remember off the top of my head)rods
Probe forged pistons,comes out to right at 10.75:1 compression. Runs on 92-93 fine.
AFR 225 heads with 1.6 Crane Gold rockers/rocker stud girdle
Herbert solid roller with mid 600's lift 250/260 duration @.050 tight 108 lobe
Edelbrock super victor intake unported
850 Demon carb
1 3/4 MAC 351 swap long tubes,3" Dr Gas X pipe,MAC 3" catback with tailpipes
Tremec TKO(older version),Spec stage 3 clutch,4.10 rear gears
Had Nitto NT05R 315/35/17's on the rear.
Engine has been in the car since October 2005. Might see 1000-1500 miles a year.
Nearly everything I had planned for the roller 351w block I have in the garage except the cam and carb. Are the AFRs ported at all? I was looking to make at least 450rwhp on 91 octane to make going with a stroked windsor worthwhile.

Did you used to have a TTI single street kit on one of your cars?

NC STANG GUY

Established Member
Nearly everything I had planned for the roller 351w block I have in the garage except the cam and carb. Are the AFRs ported at all? I was looking to make at least 450rwhp on 91 octane to make going with a stroked windsor worthwhile.

Did you used to have a TTI single street kit on one of your cars?

The AFR's are out of the box. You should have no issue at all making 450rwhp even on 91. FWIW it's been the most reliable setup I've ever owned. Just add fuel and go have fun.

My 89 LX vert still has an older BG kit with a single Precision T-70 setup.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
We met the guys from E=HP in MD for the NMRA, they were our neighbors in the pits. Nick was running 9.1's at 150+ with his 410 Windsor stroker EFI and 2 100 steps of Nitrous. Street legal car with full interior. Those Big Windsor motors are pretty impressive! I saw on Facebook he broke into the 8's over the weekend in GA.

Nice Notch BTW!

Last edited:

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
awesome set up man!! my 408 set up is pretty close to yours.

did it crack 9's with the auto or is that what the 10.15 is in your sig?

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ This I'd like to know, you are close to 9s OP!
I'm not a drag racing connoisseur, but could the suspension travel in the front wheels have anything to do with your time? Maybe less bobbing in the front could transfer more steady power to the back wheels during shifts? :shrug:
Just looks like there was a lot of travel for the front suspension for a drag setup.

Users who are viewing this thread