Go Pro vid of my n/a 427 Fox coupe on 17" radials at the Rockingham FFW

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Nice Notch BTW!

Thanks!

you have any video with it idling? I'm curious to see what that cam idles like in a 427.
Not offhand,I can get some though.

Awesome fox man!!!

NA FTW!

Thanks!

awesome set up man!! my 408 set up is pretty close to yours.

did it crack 9's with the auto or is that what the 10.15 is in your sig?

That 10.15 was when the engine was fresher(been in there since October 2005),with the C4/4000 stall and a little bit less race weight(3125 or so) and with skinnys up front and 275/50/15 MT drag radials out back.
Sure there are a couple things I could've done to get it into the 9's n/a but it would push it more to the racey side. More compression,more cam,port the heads and intake,etc.
I actually enjoy the car more now that I can just jump in and drive it with the 5spd. Wouldn't be afraid to take it on a several hundred mile trip if needed.

^ This I'd like to know, you are close to 9s OP!
I'm not a drag racing connoisseur, but could the suspension travel in the front wheels have anything to do with your time? Maybe less bobbing in the front could transfer more steady power to the back wheels during shifts? :shrug:
Just looks like there was a lot of travel for the front suspension for a drag setup.

Bobbing just has to do with the fact it's a straight drive on and off the power. If I could shift the clunkly Tremec faster it wouldn't do it as much. With the auto in the car it just comes up and stays up. Has coilovers up front (14" light 125 in/lbs)and Strange 10 ways shocks and struts all around.
If it were loosing traction between shifts it would be an issue but it isn't. Just loosing time in the 60ft and in my shifting of the 5spd as compared to the times it ran with the auto.
When it had the auto it's been as quick as a 1.39 60ft on 15" drag radials and a 1.40 on 275/40/17's. 1.33 60ft on 26x10 slicks.

Here's a vid of in back around 2009 with the auto and skinnys/26x10's at a local 1/8 mile track.
Was a 6.44 @ 105.xx (timing board is just zeroed out on the bottom)

[youtube_browser]5Hy0sod4vCg[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread