GM's answer to the Raptor???

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Seems like one-upping the Raptor to me. It'd be pretty simple for Ford to make an off-roader Super Duty Power Stroke though. Easier to put one of those up 2-3" than it is a Chevy by a long shot.

They need to produce stuff like this. Tons of people buy new trucks and throw leveling kits/small lifts in them and moderately bigger tires. OEM could do it in house for less since you wouldn't be throwing away the "original" parts and you'd keep your warranty intact.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They are actually putting it as the middle truck to span the gap between the F150 Raptor (speed) and the Dodge Ram Powerwagon (rock crawler basically).

Cant find the pic but they had a marketing picture that had this smack dab between the Raptor and Ram PW showing the differences and each vehicles strengths and weaknesses.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Definitely a cool truck! I would imaging it would cost an arm and a leg though. If I had a choice between that and a raptor and they both were free... I'd take the Sierra. However... I can't see this truck selling below $60k... So I'd prob go with the raptor.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They are actually putting it as the middle truck to span the gap between the F150 Raptor (speed) and the Dodge Ram Powerwagon (rock crawler basically).

Cant find the pic but they had a marketing picture that had this smack dab between the Raptor and Ram PW showing the differences and each vehicles strengths and weaknesses.

That was my take on it as well.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
seems like all chevy does is copy ford lately, started with the 05 retro mustang than they decided to do it too

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Here is my original post with pictures. Diesel trucks already creep up over $60K, so this estimate is not out of line.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/740519-gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd.html

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think GM just took a truck and threw every gimmick from the offroad world they could find to try and draw in customers. I doubt you'll see this one running the Baja 1000 or being put through any torture tests like they did with the Raptor.

Sure, this will make a great tow vehicle, but stuff like Fox shocks, jounce shocks (air bumpstops), and a swaybar disconnect are kinda pointless. If you're going to make it for the offroad world, put a solid axle in the front and a winch in the bumper like the Power Wagon. Then put it on 35's and call it a day.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Looks great, but as stated it's just a concept and would be niche vehicle. Ford is in the position to do such things, GM on the other hand needs to stick their bread and butter products that make them money....

Users who are viewing this thread