Global time

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Florida is considering eliminating Day Light Saving Time.

Let us go one further. Global time. So if you left at 1200 noon and had an 8 hour flight you would arrive at 2000 or 8pm.

The big adjustment would be the time you had to go to work might be listed at 3am or 0300. But that would replace getting up at 6am since the sun may rise at a global time of 0200.

This means the adjustment to a 24 hour clock.

3 am would be 0300 the world over.

No longer would you have to adjust your watches or clocks when you travel or have to figure out time zones, it would be a global time zone which in reality, we are living in the same time we just use artificial methods to mark the start of the day.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Florida is considering eliminating Day Light Saving Time.

Let us go one further. Global time. So if you left at 1200 noon and had an 8 hour flight you would arrive at 2000 or 8pm.

The big adjustment would be the time you had to go to work might be listed at 3am or 0300. But that would replace getting up at 6am since the sun may rise at a global time of 0200.

This means the adjustment to a 24 hour clock.

3 am would be 0300 the world over.

No longer would you have to adjust your watches or clocks when you travel or have to figure out time zones, it would be a global time zone which in reality, we are living in the same time we just use artificial methods to mark the start of the day.
Your internal clock is off it’s rockah.

Machdup1

Established Member
You have not traveled much have you? MA to FL does not count.
Your internal clock is toast and all the time zone crap makes it worse.
A single global time would be genius if I did not think of it.
I used hate spending 30 hours flying to the other side of the world only to realize that it was 10:00a.m. and I needed to report to work. When the result of my self assessment was Im ****ing tired it was time to embrace the suck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Global time. So you're saying that if it is 10:00 AM here in CT that in Japan it would also be 10:00 AM?

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Global time. So you're saying that if it is 10:00 AM here in CT that in Japan it would also be 10:00 AM?
Yes. But the concept of am pm would not have real meaning. It would be 1000 global time. When a guy in China looks down at his watch, the guy in Cary, NC would see the same thing.

24 hour clock would make more sense in this case.

Last edited:

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_7164.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes. But the concert of am pm would not have real meaning. It would be 1000 global time. When a guy in China looks down at his watch, the guy in Cary, NC would see the same thing.

24 hour clock would make more sense in this case.
The world would never accept that radical change. So 8:00 AM (where it is light out) here in CT would be 10:00 PM (night) in Japan. But for the Japan resident his watch would say it's 8:00 AM. For your idea to work, the global population would have to unlearn the relationship of night and daylight to the time. o_O

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Daylight savings isn't necessary anymore and needs to go away. The global time would be a tough sell to the masses, but it's not too bad of an idea.
Especially when countries like Afghanistan have a 30 minute offset.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The world would never accept that radical change. So 8:00 AM (where it is light out) here in CT would be 10:00 PM (night) in Japan. But for the Japan resident his watch would say it's 8:00 AM. For your idea to work, the global population would have to unlearn the relationship of night and daylight to the time. o_O
Night and day would be the easy part in my mind. Just understanding the the sun rises at 0100 and sets at 1150 would be the the adjustment.
Think of all the things that would not need that line of code to adjust for time zones or that if an incident happens at 0230 in a far away place it would be 0230 where you are.

Just an idea that the machines will impose on us one day.

Buckwheat 1

Established Member
Night and day would be the easy part in my mind. Just understanding the the sun rises at 0100 and sets at 1150 would be the the adjustment.
Think of all the things that would not need that line of code to adjust for time zones or that if an incident happens at 0230 in a far away place it would be 0230 where you are.

Just an idea that the machines will impose on us one day.

Let's just let those shithole countries do global shit. I don't want to relearn the clock.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Let's just let those shithole countries do global shit. I don't want to relearn the clock.

I agree, most people are too simple minded to grasp how much easier and efficient this would be. Lazy people would end up enjoying the change.

In reality we share the same time as we are whipped around the sun. Minus a few quantum variations we are all living in the exact moment, why not reflect that on our wrists or for the newer generations, on their phones.

Zemedici

Established Member
It’s difficult to wrap my head around it for some reason, so in other parts of the world, the day would begin with the sun in the middle of the sky? Just seems odd to go against a natural clock like that.

Would be cool to try though, simple.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It’s difficult to wrap my head around it for some reason, so in other parts of the world, the day would begin with the sun in the middle of the sky? Just seems odd to go against a natural clock like that.

The sun would do what is always did. So imagine that after the change your sunrise could be at 2300 and sunset 1030. But 2300 across the globe would be the same. The difference would be that sunrise across the pond may be 1500 and sunset at 0200.

To get anything done you would have to read the hours of operation on the doors when outside your home nation.

Just eliminate time zones and use GMT as the global standard time.

Zemedici

Established Member
What about people that communicate with others around the world on a daily basis? Would everyone work the same shift?

They’d still have to remember time zones right?

Buckwheat 1

Established Member

It's starts with shit like this. Then next thing ya know you are using the wrong restroom

Users who are viewing this thread