glass roof question

reason4treason

Established Member
I got both tops for my Vette Coupe and much prefer using the clear. To each his/her own but personally, I'd agree with the post that referred to coupes as cave-like otherwise. It's the only feature I don't like on the Z06. The clear top does have a more spacious feel.

So now I'm in the market for the '13 Shelby. I've read of seeing '12s with the glass roof left sitting on the lot, but I never see that near me. I don't have the $$$ prepared for a current ordering so I'll have to find one on a lot this summer and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the % of GT500s in '12 that had glass roofs. The only figure I could find was for 2011 which was at 4.19% but that was overall for all types of Mustangs, not a figure specific to the Shelby. I'm trying to guess the likelihood of finding one in a '13 GT500 nearby. Does the 1/25 figure hold up?

Supernova

Established Member
I wasn't interested before, but after reading this thread, I'm interested in the glass roof as well. A question for the owners out there: does it let in enough light to reflect off the chrome accents and silver parts of the interior? I don't want to be suddenly blinded by a reflection while taking a curve. :) Also, how do you clean the top of the car (on the outside), just glass cleaner, or do you polish it as well? Thanks for the help!

outlw

Established Member
I have it in mine and love it.

I have a few friends that have them too.

I think its gonna be the way to go for 2013.. Plus it seperates the ones that get the stripes..

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I think the glass roof is nice. Hell if its to hot, you could tint it further like any glass correct ?

I picked up my car without it, because of the way the deal went down. But if I was ordering from scratch, yeah glass roof would be in my options for sure.

reason4treason

Established Member
If I can swing the '13 Shelby without getting so pissed in the attempted purchasing process that I buy something else, I'll go for black with white stripes. The only option I'll select will be the glass roof. I'll use $$$ later for aftermarket stuff. The first thing I'd change is the wheels...much prefer the look of the forged ones. I'd probably have the white stripes removed too or try to re-do with flat black which will be the cost of getting the white seat inserts. Meanwhile, it'll either look like a tuxedo or a skunk with a patch out of his back where there oughta be a continuation of the stripes from nose to tail. Sort of a rolling Rorschach test. Different people will see different things when they look at it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread