glass roof question

metal_driver

2011 GT500 SVTPP
Established Member
When I first heard the price of the glass roof I ruled it out as an option... right up until I test drove a GT500 which happened to have a glass roof. As soon as the sales rep pulled the shade back I was sold. It was a hot day so I also checked the interior temp on two cars sitting out in the sun after the drive (one with glass and the other without). There was virtually no difference at all.
I love the panoramic view - it really opens it up inside the car. Great option - well worth the coin in my opinion.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I tried to search some videos but had no luck. Without trying to sound like an idiot, with the glass roof does that make the stripe option unavailable? If you could have the stripe I'm assuming it obviously wouldn't go across the roof, and if that is true I think it would look weird. Any help is appreciated.

Winnidude

Established Member
I tried to search some videos but had no luck. Without trying to sound like an idiot, with the glass roof does that make the stripe option unavailable? If you could have the stripe I'm assuming it obviously wouldn't go across the roof, and if that is true I think it would look weird. Any help is appreciated.

The LA auto show has this setup.
2011 L.A. Auto Show: 2013 Ford Mustang GT500

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Talking to my dealer yesterday, he was basically telling me I should save my money and skip the glass roof. he said the couple that they have had basically sat on the lot. He said the sliding cover is thin and lets heat in. I really like the glass roof and the car will be kept covered in my garage next to my Lightning. I'm really leaning toward the roof but just wondering if the money should go somewhere else? I guess I could eliminate the track pack as I'm almost positive it will never see the track. Damn why can't I just be rich

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Talking to my dealer yesterday, he was basically telling me I should save my money and skip the glass roof. he said the couple that they have had basically sat on the lot. He said the sliding cover is thin and lets heat in. I really like the glass roof and the car will be kept covered in my garage next to my Lightning. I'm really leaning toward the roof but just wondering if the money should go somewhere else? I guess I could eliminate the track pack as I'm almost positive it will never see the track. Damn why can't I just be rich

I have the glass roof in my GT/CS and love it. Never had any issues with heat. All cars get hot if sitting out in the sun. I will order a glass roof on my 13/14 GT500.

ifly

Established Member
I'm picturing in my mind, a GT500 with glass roof and racing stripes. Assuming the stripes don't go accross the glass roof - seems that the car would look incomplete or missing something. Seems that glass roof would require the stripe delete option to look right.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I'm picturing in my mind, a GT500 with glass roof and racing stripes. Assuming the stripes don't go accross the glass roof - seems that the car would look incomplete or missing something. Seems that glass roof would require the stripe delete option to look right.

I agree, I saw a 2012 back in October that was red with white stripes. the stripes were on the hood and trunk. Did not feel like it stripes fit in.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
thank you! that's exactly what I needed/wanted to see. Now if I can just find a pic with the cover in place

Voice of Reason

Established Member
I remember sitting in the '13 GT500 at the Chicago auto show that had the glass roof. It was interesting, better than I expected it to be. I love the open air ride of a convertable but not being able to track the car eliminates that option for me this go around. If the glass roof really does only add 30ish lbs to the car then I think I will strongly consider ordering it.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I remember sitting in the '13 GT500 at the Chicago auto show that had the glass roof. It was interesting, better than I expected it to be. I love the open air ride of a convertable but not being able to track the car eliminates that option for me this go around. If the glass roof really does only add 30ish lbs to the car then I think I will strongly consider ordering it.

I think it feels more open inside the car. My only concern is how will it hold up? basic wear and tear? sun damage, spider cracking or scratching. also how safe is it?

I know the corvettes hold up pretty well, and those can be removed..

Users who are viewing this thread