Girls driving your car?

Would you or sould you not let your girlfriend drive your Mustang?

• OF COURSE!

Votes: 31 15.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 18.4%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
it depends on the car.

My C5 Z had a pretty nasty cam/head setup and could get pretty sketchy quickly if you made a mistake. It could blow the tires loose and have easily been sent into a guard rail.

If she had experience driving somewhat powerful cars, it wouldn't be bad.

I let my GF drive my stock A4 Formula though. She honestly would rather drive that one anyway because of the T-tops and automatic. She never really had any interest in driving either of my Z06's.

Mysticsnke

Established Member
I'm not opposed to her driving it, I'm just opposed to teaching her to drive stick with my 03 cobra...mainly because of the clutch. I know that she will get very agitated at first and I don't want my clutch to get the punishment.

Thats mostly how I feel man... she can drive stick but I dont want my clutch taking the punishment either...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my wife was more than capable of driving any car we've owned.. be it the 87 Hyundai Excel she had when we got married to the 03 Cobra I just traded off.. the only vehicle she's refused to drive is my current 2012 Ram 2500, just because it's so big.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
I don't really let anyone drive my car unless I really have to. Just something I'm super paranoid about. My gf would be more then capable of driving it though. She drives a f350 crew cab (500hp w goodies) and tows a big horse trailer etc.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Only if I get wasted at the bar or a party, but other than that not really.. That's why she has her own car

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I let my girlfriend drive my car. Did very well for never driving stick, then she hit a mountain of a speed bump at 20mph :bash: ripped a hole in my x pipe.

Lets just say she can only be in control of one of my sticks if you know what I mean.

Dragu1a

Established Member
no way and it's not bc "she can't handle the powah"...she's just not a good driver. i let her take my DD to the store one evening, she came home and hit the neighbors car when she pulled into a parking spot.

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
I voted no...she can't drive a stick and she told me years ago a friend tried to show her how to drive a stick....and they tore the car up..LOL

Mulldune

Established Member
voted yes.My wife drove my Cobra (with me in it) not long after I bought it.She had trouble seeing over the hood,and she also said is was too rough a ride and also thought the clutch was hard to use. Although she loves riding in it

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Yup, had my girlfriend driving the C4S doing 1-2-3 pulls and driving the Mustang doing a nice burnout leaving a red light. She also drove an automatic for the first time in her entire life this past week! Pretty rare for these times to have never done that, LOL.....

(Disclaimer: She is from NL, where manuals are much more common.)

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
I voted of course! Its just a car, we have joint checking, A house, credit cards and other joint assets so why wouldnt i trust her with my cars. Of course if she didnt know how to drive a standard and wanted to learn, i would teach her.

My wife often drives my GT500. Hell she has taken down the 1/4 mile at the drag strip 4 times. I think its sexy as hell to let her drive.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Wife loves my car but has only drove it once. She just has no desire to drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread