Girls driving your car?

Would you or sould you not let your girlfriend drive your Mustang?

• OF COURSE!

Votes: 31 15.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 18.4%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Tahoe yes, especially if their the DD to and from the bars.

Mustang, hell to the no...... unless they can prove to me that they can stick shift their own car, which narrows it down to like 1% of the female population

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
My wife drives mine all the time. There have been a few periods when I owned two mustangs at the same time, I would drive one and she would drive the other. I always got a kick out of guys pulling up to the cobra, and seeing my little blond wife behind the wheel. Then watching them look like fools when she shows that she knows how to actually drive it as well.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Girls??? Girlfriend???? Hell I am 53 years old, LOL. I have told my wife she could drive mine, but she wont drive it, LOL. She has told me up front she doesnt want to be responsible for any scratches, LOL.

The Snake

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
My wife drives my Cobra all the time, even without my permission lol !! And let me tell you, she can drive and race my beast.. I have to tell her to slow down and not drive so fast all the time. I even have to hide the keys from her..I'm planing on buying a Shelby; good luck to me...

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
My girlfriend whom I recently got engaged to will not drive it , she does not know stick and she does not want to even touch the cobra, I don't blame her
My brothers girlfriend took his car and side swiped an Audi her first time ...

Elwood617

Established Member
My wife wants to take it down the 1/4, but won't drive it on the street anymore. Not civilized enough for her :)

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

HoustonGT

Established Member
Of course I would. I let my wife (gf at the time) learn to drive stick with my modded Cobra and she learned rather quickly. She's driven the Speed6 as well and will be driving the CTS-V i'm picking up in a few months as well. She understands enough to not floor it and put herself in a bad situation, so i'm not concerned. Plus, I think its hot!
Those of you who say they'll ruin your clutch just learning....I'm sure you can do just as much damage on your own launching the car, banging gears, or going to the track...its just a vehicle lol :shrug:

Last edited:

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
Of course I would. I let my wife (gf at the time) learn to drive stick with my modded Cobra and she learned rather quickly. She's driven the Speed6 as well and will be driving the CTS-V i'm picking up in a few months as well. She understands enough to not floor it and put herself in a bad situation, so i'm not concerned. Plus, I think its hot!
Those of you who say they'll ruin your clutch just learning....I'm sure you can do just as much damage on your own launching the car, banging gears, or going to the track...its just a vehicle lol :shrug:

It feels better if you actually do the damage, but I see your point

Tiko433

Established Member
To answer this question, yes she does. The back story is a little over a year ago my wife was car shopping. She didn't want to get into a new car payment so the search was on for a used car. I have have aways owned a 4x4 of some type and my last car was a 74 Camaro. I came across a 98 Laser Red Cobra vert that was in great condition. It looked and drove great, most fun I had driving in a long time. I'm thinking I want this car, but the question was could she drive it? After I " drove it like you stole it" she took a turn. She let the clutch out with no problem and away we went. A year later now I have claimed the car and tell her drive my truck more then the car. With complaining about the clutch and getting it locked in reverse most of the time, as of today I told her to stay out of the drivers seat. FYI next step KB

Oceanside78

Established Member
My wife drove my SN-95 cobra all the time, didnt care. The truck on the other hand, I try to avoid...She LOVES the eaton whine which equals an empty tank in the blink of an eye lol

LaFlavor

Established Member
Gonna start teaching the girl to drive stick with it soon. Probably this weekend.

Already taught one to drive stick on a cobra.

440sprint

Established Member
DRIVE IT??? Hell, wifey won't even ride with me in my '13 Shelby; too fast, too noisy, just too scary for her!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I taugjt a girl to drive stick in my old 94 tbird SC....that car was an automatic

Users who are viewing this thread