Status
Not open for further replies.

ac1122

Established Member
Lets see what the other vendors have, I still tthink these are way overpriced

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Alright guys I was able to call around and speak to some other vendors. It seems like we can offer you the best price on the DSS 3.5" One Piece Aluminum Shaft. It would be $619.95 shipped and we would need a minimum of 25 orders. The only downside would be the wait of 3-4 weeks. If this sounds good with everyone I suggest we make a new list of those who are interested and go from there.

Andrew - I spoke to DSS and they said the weight of the Shaft is about 19 LBS including the adapter.

Thanks,
Matt

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Anyone have experience with DSS? I'm a little apprehensive about having vibration issues down the road... Also does anyone have experience with before/after dynos when switching to a lightweight aluminum piece? I would assume the reduced rotating mass would contribute to a slight rear wheel gain... Maybe say 10-12 hp/tq?

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
Ok guys I need to know what everyone wants to do now. The Dynotech would be 660 shipped, the DSS would be 620 shipped. I'm gonna do my best to PM everyone on the list so I can get an accurate headcount of who's still interested. I'd like to get the ball rolling on this soon!

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
Ok, pm's have been sent to everyone with the exception of 12OKGT and ComfortableLiar since their PM's are disabled. If everyone can get back to me sometime soon it would be much appreciated...

Thanks!

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
I don't know why I wouldn't receive your PM. Looked through my user CP but couldn't find the option for it. You can email me if you get a chance.

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
I don't know why I wouldn't receive your PM. Looked through my user CP but couldn't find the option for it. You can email me if you get a chance.

Weird, it told me your PM's were disabled. Actually I think it might be because of your post count...

Anyways, my PM was just asking if you're still interested and which driveshaft you want?

Let me know, thanks!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Put me down for a DSS please. Let me know when I and how to go about ordering.

hand-filer

Established Member
I'm not a fan of the conventional u-joint slip joint design. Put me down for a DSS unit. I don't mind the wait.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kirk's_5.0

Put me down for DSS 3.5" One Piece Aluminum Shaft @ $620.00 shipped. I also am interested in getting the BMR Safety Loop P/N: DSL017 in Black Hammertone color for the group price of $119.00 shipped (if Matt gets 20 orders for this part).

Last edited:

lawnmower22

Established Member
Updated, pretty even split so far...

After reading about the DSS shaft I'd be good with that option too. After seeing what RCV has done with cv joints in the offroading world I'm sure a cv made out of 300M will be strong enough.

Last edited:

Mnstr50

Established Member
Im interested in the DSS unit rated at 900hp, pending final price (would be greaat to get in under $600).

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
Im interested in the DSS unit rated at 900hp, pending final price (would be greaat to get in under $600).

List updated.

The final price for the DSS unit will be 620 shipped, just let me know if you want on the list to purchase.

Thanks guys!

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
Which one is better?

I don't have a clear answer to that. I think they are two of the best options for an aluminum driveshaft.

They are just different designs. I haven't read any negatives about either shaft really. The DSS does take a little longer to get because of their wait time of 3-4 weeks but being that this is a group buy, I think that's to be expected for the most part...

Just let me know if you want in on the group buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread