Ghosts, spirits, and demons.

347zz5.0

Established Member
I always find these things hard to believe, but that´s human nature I guess.

Actually the opposite is true.

Belief is the default option of the human brain. Belief is the rule, while disbelief and skepticism are the exceptions. Our brains are wired for belief, even with gross lack of evidence.

The "evidence" for ghosts, spirits, etc., are exactly the same as the evidence we had for witches.

As for your board comment, are you implying that cardboard and plastic bought from Parker Brothers, found on the shelf between Jenga and Monopoly, can communicate with dead people? Your position is that you are not sure of this?

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
the girl in the hall is the weirdest. I would be like....

9cc8bc6d-d53f-411c-b3bc-4201d9857a07.jpg

Raisins_Face.jpg

146167d1279890963-funny-strange-random-pics-house-fi.jpg

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I told him to dig it up. He said **** that. Then I told him to dig it up and burn his house down. :burn:
Ill ask him if its all brown still. There is grass there, it just don't get green like the rest of the yard. I'll ask him though.

347zz5.0

Established Member
Without experiencing something like this first hand would make it hard to beleive.

I would hope so because anecdotal evidence and eyewitness evidence are the two lowest forms of evidence possible. It would be like me asking biologists to classify a new species of animal using only a blurry picture. And then getting mad at the biologists when they say not enough evidence while I point to a smudge on a picture and yell there it is...there's all the proof you need!

There is nothing in your story that, if I was there, would make me believe. Just more things that reinforce my reasons(natural) for why people believe in ghosts.

Humans have an overdeveloped sense of cause and effect. Weaving a complex story using little to no data, filling in gaps of data, etc. I once worked with a guy who got a flat tire at home. There was a huge accident at an intersection where he would of been around the same time he would of been there. By lunch time he was convinced that "something else" had happened instead of a coincidence. There's that overdeveloped sense of cause and effect again. Ghost believers do the same thing.

I have people in my family that not only believe in ghosts but claim to have things happen to them like in your story. And with all due respect to them it comes really as no shock to me. They display constant ridiculous cause and effect. Their want to believe trumps everything. A noise, or what could of been a slight whisper somewhere in the house turns into an elaborate tale of past ghosts and lives.

Psychics throw out tons of bs...through the probability of high numbers eventually some of it will seem to come true.
A tape recorder can be faked. Regardless a voice is not proof of anything.
People lie.
People are horrible observers.
etc.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
So are you calling my story b.s.? I'm just telling you what he told me. I did listen to the recording though. And I did hear the voices. Not to mention all the other people that have said something.

canibus

Established Member
I would hope so because anecdotal evidence and eyewitness evidence are the two lowest forms of evidence possible. It would be like me asking biologists to classify a new species of animal using only a blurry picture. And then getting mad at the biologists when they say not enough evidence while I point to a smudge on a picture and yell there it is...there's all the proof you need!

There is nothing in your story that, if I was there, would make me believe. Just more things that reinforce my reasons(natural) for why people believe in ghosts.

Humans have an overdeveloped sense of cause and effect. Weaving a complex story using little to no data, filling in gaps of data, etc. I once worked with a guy who got a flat tire at home. There was a huge accident at an intersection where he would of been around the same time he would of been there. By lunch time he was convinced that "something else" had happened instead of a coincidence. There's that overdeveloped sense of cause and effect again. Ghost believers do the same thing.

I have people in my family that not only believe in ghosts but claim to have things happen to them like in your story. And with all due respect to them it comes really as no shock to me. They display constant ridiculous cause and effect. Their want to believe trumps everything. A noise, or what could of been a slight whisper somewhere in the house turns into an elaborate tale of past ghosts and lives.

Psychics throw out tons of bs...through the probability of high numbers eventually some of it will seem to come true.
A tape recorder can be faked. Regardless a voice is not proof of anything.
People lie.
People are horrible observers.
etc.

I no longer believe in the paranormal because this guy convinced me otherwise,:rollseyes

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
The late Christopher Hitchens, God bless his soul, said it best:

Human beings prefer a supernatural or superstitious explanation to no explanation at all.

...hence a lot of nonsense. Having said this, I am open to extraordinary possibilities in the presence of extraordinary evidence.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Why do I know that most of those vids were fake? Because it's obvious whoever made the videos was using their imagination to think up what would be a frightening spiritual encounter when in reality the scenarios these encounters actually happen in are far beyond anyone's imaginations. They happen when you don't think to have a camera on hand.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The late Christopher Hitchens, God bless his soul, said it best:

Human beings prefer a supernatural or superstitious explanation to no explanation at all.

...hence a lot of nonsense. Having said this, I am open to extraordinary possibilities in the presence of extraordinary evidence.

Haven't seen your wise ass in awhile!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread