Getting to know the 2020 Shelby GT500 (video)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I took my 2020 GT500 out yesterday and filmed this video. I start in the garage with a little walk around and then get the car outside to talk about the engine bay as well as the electronic dash/drive modes and features inside the cabin. After discussing features of the 2020, I hit the road to talk about driving manners and have a little spirited fun! If you want to skip the informative section, you can jump to 22:30 to see the car in action. I finish with some more details of the car once back at my garage.

Hopefully this is informative and fun. I enjoyed the HELL out of the drive!

Goose17

Established Member
Thanks for the informative video!

Can someone clue me in as to the purpose of the hood pins?
Hood pins secure the front corners and keep the hood from fluttering at high speeds. Hoods are prone to this when all they have is a front/center latch.

The hood pins on the 2020 GT500 are quite nice... just a simple push button to release and they auto-lock upon closing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Goose, you're selling it, right? At least that's what I remember reading in another of your threads. Thanks for posting the video. Well done, and, man is that car gorgeous. The paint is.....OMG!

Goose17

Established Member
Goose, you're selling it, right? At least that's what I remember reading in another of your threads. Thanks for posting the video. Well done, and, man is that car gorgeous. The paint is.....OMG!
Yes, I have a buyer for this base model car and I have a carbon fiber track pack model on order. The new car is the same color combo, but with painted OTT stripes which negate side stripes.

One hood strut?

Yuppers... it works great!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought I remember that. Hope you like the new one even more than this one. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread