getting my right lung taken out - surgery

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
I got my surgery this coming Monday the 26th. They will be taking my lower right lung out for sure. My upper right lung, my diaphragm & the protective lining around the lung may also have to come out. He won't know until he operates and digs in. If he takes out the diaphragm he'll replace it with an artificial one. ( http://library.thinkquest.org/07aug/01618/lung.gif)

The reason for taking this out, I've had Synovial Sarcoma Cancer on my right lung since Sept. of '09. (Synovial Sarcoma: Questions and Answers - National Cancer Institute)

I went thru six 5-day sessions of chemotherapy starting last Thanksgiving & ending in mid March. The tumor did not shrink though it did die out some in the middle. I had originally lost 40 pounds due to this but have gained 35 of it back, as much as I wanted to.

Sometime after I get back home, I'll bring this thread back up & give some updates. Surgery as some of you know is nothing anyone looks forward to, but hey it's gotta be done so let's get it over with.

:rockon: to you all

Oh yeah, I'm actually starting to grow back some eyebrows, eyelashes, facial hair though it's not scruffy it's baby fine hair. I am starting to get some on my nearly bald head (I've had a slight amount of hair).

Soon, I will no longer look like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings. :pepper:

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Best of luck to yuo. I also have had health issues lately. May you have a speedy and full recovery.

Jaysin

Established Member
Yea man, best of luck, everything will be smooth sailing after this. Seem to have a positive attitude, which is great to see. Such a sad sickness (grandfather has lung cancer), but it'll go just fine, and you'll have a speedy recovery!

Cheers!

:beer:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Thanks guys.

I really have been doing damn good thru the cancer. When in the hospital I see other cancer patients that have it so much worse with pain & nausea.

Heck I've been able to mow grass, do yard work, clean house, go fishing. Just can't lift heavy weight or run is all.

Users who are viewing this thread