getting my right lung taken out - surgery

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good luck with the surgery and recovery. Get that Xbox fired up and load up your Netflix queue. Stay strong, stay positive :beer:

ssssnake

Established Member
I really have been doing damn good thru the cancer. When in the hospital I see other cancer patients that have it so much worse with pain & nausea.

Heck I've been able to mow grass, do yard work, clean house, go fishing. Just can't lift heavy weight or run is all.

Jay, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, but more so for Monday. I ask God to keep you protected and to guide your doctors.

I know how you feel. There were times, when I saw what others were going through, that I felt like my walk with cancer was like a walk through the park. I worked through my treatment (which lasted about 6 months). It just took me longer to recuperate as my treatments went on (chemo). Radiation was a breeze.

Hang in there Jay. Keep focused on your healing, we'll be thinking about you.

txyaloo

Established Member
Cancer is such an evil bitch that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I've seen its effects on loved ones way too often.

Good luck with the surgery. I hope you're able to kick its ass.

blackonblackGT

Established Member
Crazy how it seems everyone is having health problems. I'm almost finished with my 2nd cycle of hodgkins Lymphoma. I've been dealing with it rather well. I see people in the Oncology field and man some of these people have it bad, it's so sad. I'm 22 though so that could be why the Chemo isn't kicking my ass. I did have to shave my head though which sucked the first couple days.

TorchMach

Established Member
Everything will go great man, you'll see. We'll all be here waiting for your recovery post.

Cheers mate.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Crazy how it seems everyone is having health problems. I'm almost finished with my 2nd cycle of hodgkins Lymphoma. I've been dealing with it rather well. I see people in the Oncology field and man some of these people have it bad, it's so sad. I'm 22 though so that could be why the Chemo isn't kicking my ass. I did have to shave my head though which sucked the first couple days.

wow you're young to have this.

I'm 44 & am considered old to have the kind I have. Kids as young as 13 get what I have & if not treated, can lose their limbs thru amputation.

Good luck on your chemo and I wish you nothing but the best!! :beer::rockon:

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
My thoughts are with you Jay! You are such a trooper having to put up with all this crap! Cancer is a pita and I hope you show it who's BOSS!! :rockon: Know that your SVTP family loves you and supports you! We will all be looking forward to your posting on here asap after the surgery. :beer:

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Best of luck and hope your recovery is swift. I'm terrified at the mere thought of someone cutting me open. I'd probably have a heart attack when they insert the needle to put me under.

1cbitten

Established Member
I'll be praying for you, the physicians, your family, and your recovery. May GOD have his loving arms and protection around you for HE is the great physician. GOD BLESS

blackonblackGT

Established Member
I wish you luck also and hope everything goes well. Hodgkins is actually common in my age group sadly. But it's ok, just another obstacle in life I will get through that will make me a stronger person.

Users who are viewing this thread