Getting a 6.2 Raptor

Fourcam330

Established Member
White/Charcoal all options, no graphics. Will serve as a winter/foul weather daily driver and tow vehicle. Can't wait to tear into those H/C and do a full exhaust for it. ;-) Don't get it till Feb though :(

frydguy79

Established Member
Feb deliv will be a very early unit as job 2 will not be till late jan or early feb

and the order bank is not open yet for the 6.2

fordification

Established Member
Any issued with the 6000lb tow cap?

Can only see a problem with a new 4x4 with a heavy duty trailer.

~5500lbs truck
+ ~1000lbs trailer

what do trailers typically weigh?

dajohu

Established Member
The 6000 lbs is towing capacity (trailer and load only), The truck and trailer can weight about 12,000 lbs. I pull a car & trailer and am still under the limit.

The bigger issue is really the tongue weight and cargo capacity. It's only a few hundred pounds so most of the time you will be overloaded by that limit. I think mine is like 817 lbs, so with 100 lbs of tools and accessories, 270 lbs for me I'm down to 500 lbs for tongue weight and all other cargo and occupants.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The 6000 pound limit is due to the suspension. You can fudge that number a bit if you play with the tongue weight and respect the driveline.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Feb deliv will be a very early unit as job 2 will not be till late jan or early feb

and the order bank is not open yet for the 6.2

I was told I could officially order in Dec and expect delivery 6-8 weeks later, now if that holds any water I can't say, but we're getting one regardless. :beer:

May have changed my choice to blue vs white...tough call...

Fourcam330

Established Member
Any issued with the 6000lb tow cap?

Can only see a problem with a new 4x4 with a heavy duty trailer.

~5500lbs truck
+ ~1000lbs trailer

what do trailers typically weigh?

Not sure what my 1 car trailer weighs, can't be uber heavy. I'm only going to tow one car at a time with it mostly the GT3 which weighs 3050lbs so we should be fine. C63 weighs 4050lbs but is usually driven to events.

qachargh

Established Member
The only problem I see towing is the tongue weight. My feeling is the suspension is probably pretty soft initially and you may end up rolling down the freeway with the nose up in the air. With all the coolers they have on here the transmission should probably be able to handle a pretty hefty load.

MoabB2

Established Member
Orders start December 1. I imagine delivery will come in February 2010. I'll be getting one, just can't decide on the color.

Dick Lyon

Established Member
I have a pre-order in for the 6.2 and was truly trying for the white but want the two toned interior....Can't get it so I am going with the orange........My ranch is at the end of a mile of gravel road so black won't do.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I was told I could officially order in Dec and expect delivery 6-8 weeks later, now if that holds any water I can't say, but we're getting one regardless. :beer:

May have changed my choice to blue vs white...tough call...

Get the blue! White is way too plain on it from the ones I have seen locally.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
So did you order it Fourcam? I put my order in on 12/1 and the computer spit out a build date of 1/4/10. Maybe by Feb 1st it will be here... Who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread