get my 01 cobra N/A to 300rwhp?

01yellercobra

Established Member
wow just from a catted x pipe 297rwhp im assuming with a tune i live in cali so i must stay catted for the main reason being too loud i dont want the xtra attention from the boys, ive seen catted mid pipes for decent prices on AM i was thinking of starting with a intake and catback although i dout that will get me 300 unless tuned with those 2 mods

Was that aimed at me? If so, the catted X pipe was the only mod. Stock catback, stock intake, stock tune. I never ran a tune when it was N/A. I want to say I made 301 after installing a JLT. But I don't remember to be honest. That wasn't on the same dyno. The 297 was on a dyno I El Cajon and the 301 was a dyno in Mission Valley.

Jamie R.

Established Member
My '01 made 300rwhp with the following mods:
Bassani stainless cb
Bassani stainless catted x pipe
Jlt cai
Fidanza al fw
Tune done on the dyno

My car picked up to 322rwhp with these additions
90mm lightning Maf
Meizere ewp
Ported intake
Intake spacer
Jba firecone shortie headers

From what I've seen with my 01 I don't think its to hard to hit 300 rwhp with a good tune and bolt ons.

Jamie R.

bobby_0081

Established Member
so how much do these motors benefit from a maf and bigger injectors? After doing the other mods of course...

I have a two valve and when I got to 330 RWHP N/A the 24# injectors I had were maxed out. I have since upgraded to 34# injectors and made a few other changes and recently got 350 RWHP N/A from my 2V 4.6.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
My '01 made 300rwhp with the following mods:
Bassani stainless cb
Bassani stainless catted x pipe
Jlt cai
Fidanza al fw
Tune done on the dyno

My car picked up to 322rwhp with these additions
90mm lightning Maf
Meizere ewp
Ported intake
Intake spacer
Jba firecone shortie headers

From what I've seen with my 01 I don't think its to hard to hit 300 rwhp with a good tune and bolt ons.

Jamie R.

It's a crying shame how we NEVER see that super clean 01' at the track anymore..... LOL!!!

Jamie R.

Established Member
Well its running now finally lol. Hey you do get to see my super clean 03' dsg lightning though James, but you know more about that truck than I do lol. Man, bob getting me to and now James. Let me know when y'all head to the track again since the weather seems to be turning decent for us.

Jamie R.

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
My 99 put down 319/322 on a mustang dyno, thats around 360-370 at the flywheel.

JLT ram intake
BBK 65mm TB
90mm mass air
Longtube headers
pro chamber mid pipe no cats

Tuned to bring it all together, when it was stock it put down 287 on the same dyno

Users who are viewing this thread