Genesis 70 vs. Fusion

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
He said the Elantra Sport reminded him of his '08 Civic Si that he traded for his Focus ST. He has a lot of experience autocrossing and has had numerous cars that can handle, so I'll take his word for it that it's not a boring car.

I'm familiar with them. The Sports are nice looking and feel like a quality car but they are all boring to drive. I have multiple new Hyundais on my lot every day. Accents, Elantras, Sonatas, Velosters, Santa Fes, and Tuscans. Pretty much their entire line up of new cars here all the time. But everyone has different interpretations of driving experiences so I'm not saying he is wrong exactly.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My wife has a '17 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate. Got it in April of last year and she's already put 32K miles on it. It's a great vehicle. It's not a "great" driving experience but it does have 290hp so it gets out of its own way and is great for a DD. Has everything she could want, heated and cooled seats, HID's, dynamic lighting, adaptive cruise, emergency braking, BLIS, glass roof, 3rd row with plenty of cargo room. Pretty nice quality in and out with no issues so far for less money than similarly equipped vehicles plus a 100k mile warranty.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Guess hyundai ain't junk anymore

No, they still are. Stop by a Hyundai service department sometime. They will probably have more shortblock appointments scheduled than oil changes. They're still junk, but now they're fancy copycat junk.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The worst thing about Hyundais is if you even look at the front or rear covers the tabs will tear on the sides. They're like tearaway covers and I have probably been through over a hundred new bumpers this year alone.

But supposedly Hyundai-Kia is looking to put a bid in for FCA.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Now is the time to conquer the market with a 3.5 ecoboost with at least a 425 hp version awd car...

I don't think Ford wants to see a Fusion dragging the Mustang GT all the way down the quarter. That certainly wouldn't do anything good for Mustang sales.

I think the Sonata turbo was like 270hp or close to it a few years ago. Shit hauled the mail.

That explains a lot! I always wondered why Sonata Turbo folks drove like jerks. When we had our S4, it almost never failed that, whenever one was in front of us, a Sonata Turbo would challenge us getting onto the freeway. I always wondered what the driver was thinking as I blew his doors off every time. I guess they can't see or don't know the difference between an A4 and an S4.

jshen

Established Member
My preference is to buy American...and I would love to see a V-8 sport Sedan. American car builders prefer to make trucks..Frankly I don't know if trucks are counted in the CAFE regs. Now it appears Kia is offering a 4 door stinger w/360~ hp and rumor is they may offer the Tao 5.0 liter 420 hp as well. I love the Scat Pack BUT it's too heavy- current plans are to lighten it up next year or the year after. I recently test drove a Hellcat and the experience was amazing...kinda ruined me for anything but V-8s

Users who are viewing this thread