Genesis 70 vs. Fusion

jshen

Established Member
Okay Ford...Genesis is coming with 3.3 365hp car- similar in size to Fusion....Now is the time to conquer the market with a 3.5 ecoboost with at least a 425 hp version awd car......Think about it!!!! You would dominate this market and leave GM, Dodge and foreign cars ..in the dust!!!! Remember Genesis planned for the 5.0 Tao engine and that may still be in the works...................

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
The genesis is meant to be in a different class than Ford. The 70 is designed to compete with BMW and Mercedes.

bokyo1987

Established Member
When did hyundai get to MB and Beemer level?

Genesis became Hyundai's standalone upscale division in 2015. Whether Genesis models will offer the same level of luxury and quality (and sportiness with certain models) as other marques in that segment remains to be seen. Rooting for them though, can never have too many options.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
When did hyundai get to MB and Beemer level?

You can get an Elantra with 201hp now. They stepped up big time.

I think the Sonata turbo was like 270hp or close to it a few years ago. Shit hauled the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zodiac

Established Member
Okay Ford...Genesis is coming with 3.3 365hp car- similar in size to Fusion....Now is the time to conquer the market with a 3.5 ecoboost with at least a 425 hp version awd car......Think about it!!!! You would dominate this market and leave GM, Dodge and foreign cars ..in the dust!!!! Remember Genesis planned for the 5.0 Tao engine and that may still be in the works...................

G70>Fusion.

As for Ford I would have loved to see a V8 sedan (Falcon for US market!), but they failed me. The SHO is big on the outside, relatively ugly, and cramped on the inside. The fusion sport is going in the right direction, but still lacking.

Until then FCA and GM were better offering full size V8 sedans. Now it's down to FCA.

Your idea of a 3.5 ecoboost Fusion would be expensive. Based on the price of the sport, your theoretical car would push it up to the cost level of a Scat Pack. In that scenario I wouldn't choose the Fusion.

Either way you wouldn't "dominate the market and leave them in the dust" since sedan sales are way down. Everyone is buying CUV/SUV/Trucks.

o2gt

Established Member
G70>Fusion.

As for Ford I would have loved to see a V8 sedan (Falcon for US market!), but they failed me. The SHO is big on the outside, relatively ugly, and cramped on the inside. The fusion sport is going in the right direction, but still lacking.

Until then FCA and GM were better offering full size V8 sedans. Now it's down to FCA.

Your idea of a 3.5 ecoboost Fusion would be expensive. Based on the price of the sport, your theoretical car would push it up to the cost level of a Scat Pack. In that scenario I wouldn't choose the Fusion.

Either way you wouldn't "dominate the market and leave them in the dust" since sedan sales are way down. Everyone is buying CUV/SUV/Trucks.
I agree with you. I really want to like the SHO more. Its really to bad ford has basically ignored it over the last several years. If they would upgrade the track pack to add some bits closer to what the mustang has and make the back end look lower that would be great. the engine is good but it would be nice to see some more upgrades like the f150 has now.

the fusion sport is a really cool idea but it seems for came up a bit short. I would like to see a more aggressive version but I think that might be a bit much to ask for. So again give an option for a more aggressive track pack for those looking for a bit more.

Never_Enough

Established Member
They've been pretty solid cars for a while now. Neighbor has a 2017 Elantra Sport in Scarlet Red and it's a real sharp looking machine. I personally wouldn't mind owning one.
Ever drive one? I considered the Elantra, Cruze & Jetta for a cheap beater. Cruze was my favorite. Only reason I went Jetta over it is because of the price difference. It's just a beater so I didn't want to spend more for no reason. The Elantra was a shit box IMO. I felt like I was driving an empty tin can on worn out suspension. Furthermore, the radio/clock screen looked like an 80s video game.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My coworker has a sonata. He liked it for a few months, but now he can't wait to get out of it. The day he gets the chance is the day he will get into any other car he can.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My coworker has a sonata. He liked it for a few months, but now he can't wait to get out of it. The day he gets the chance is the day he will get into any other car he can.
Hyundais are about as vanilla as they come. They can look nice inside and out but the driving experience will put you to sleep. The only decently pleasant one they make is the Azera.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I saw a white G80 Sport on the road the other day and I have to say it is one of the best looking sport sedans I have ever seen.

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.PNG

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hyundais are about as vanilla as they come. They can look nice inside and out but the driving experience will put you to sleep. The only decently pleasant one they make is the Azera.

He said the Elantra Sport reminded him of his '08 Civic Si that he traded for his Focus ST. He has a lot of experience autocrossing and has had numerous cars that can handle, so I'll take his word for it that it's not a boring car.

Edit: Quoted the wrong person.
Never_Enough: I have not driven the 2017 Elantra Sport, but I have driven the 2017 Elantra that my brother in law owns. My biggest gripe was it was slow, but IMO felt pretty solid otherwise and would make a nice DD. The friend of mine with the Elantra Sport also had a '14 Jetta GLI (traded the FST in on it...) and while it was a nice car and ran hard with the APR 93 tune, he wasn't a fan of the build quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread