General Lee to lose Confederate Flag by owner.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Okay, so there is all this furor over the confederate flag, and now Bubba Watson wants to be PC and remove the flag on the roof from his 'General Lee'. Ah, but General Robert E. Lee led the Confederacy. So......will the PC people now demand that the car no longer be referred to as 'General Lee'? :dw:

yes. It will be renamed Ulysses S Grant.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So it's not possible he bought the car because he loved the show, and only recently learned how many people view the confederate flag as racist?

So I guess now he does't like the show? It does represent the south and everything that is wrong with America. The car has a confederate flag and is called General Lee. Should be burnt to the ground at this point. Only way to make reprimands, wouldn't you agree?

BTW, he is a ****ing idiot. And I say that, as he paid $100k+ for an orange 69 non Hemi Charger. Car is worth maybe $35-40K on it's best day.

Also he should change his name. How much more Redneck and Racist can a name be...Bubba. And he's won the Master's twice. Sounds racist as hell.

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
For decades the General Lee has been a symbolism of many peoples' childhood and youth. This show became the cornerstone of American culture and is known throughout the country as well as internationally.

I'm just wondering when the networks are gonna scrub "Happy Days" from their line-up's. I was just watching an episode (season 2 episode 9) and nearly shit myself when on the bedroom wall of none other than Richard J. Cunningham was the same exact damn Confederate battle flag depicted on the General. :dw:

Happy Days ran for 11 seasons and 255 episodes and I'm sure it was in every episode his bedroom was show since it was a prop. Dukes was only aired for 7 seasons and 145 episodes.

Guess since the Cunninhams were from Milwaukee Wisconsin in Union territory, all is good. :??:

And the Dukes hypocrisy meme's are starting to be generated.

Attachments

• cosby-dukes-cancelled.jpg
    cosby-dukes-cancelled.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
The Cosby show has been pulled too, just saying.

I was being a smart ass with the Cosby show. Wonder if they will get rid of all his other stuff: "I spy, Fat Albert, etc." The knee-jerk response is so lame.

I think that is about as silly as pulling the Dukes. Next they'll want to pull Mel Gibson flicks for his anti-semitic rant or old SNL re-runs because half the cast are drug fueled idiots. Theoretically you'd have to pull a shit load of TV episodes and movies to meet modern PC criteria if you vilify every actor for their off screen indiscretions. We are turning into China with the banning and censorship.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I was being a smart ass with the Cosby show. Wonder if they will get rid of all his other stuff: "I spy, Fat Albert, etc." The knee-jerk response is so lame.

I think that is about as silly as pulling the Dukes. Next they'll want to pull Mel Gibson flicks for his anti-semitic rant or old SNL re-runs because half the cast are drug fueled idiots. Theoretically you'd have to pull a shit load of TV episodes and movies to meet modern PC criteria if you vilify every actor for their off screen indiscretions. We are turning into China with the banning and censorship.

1430868039432.gif

This is twice I've agreed with you today, I'm logging off now.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
While we are at it, lets burn all of our Nazi memorabilia from WWII... afterall, we don't believe in Nazi propaganda!

Oh wait... it doesn't affect anything? We only lose a piece of history?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
While we are at it, lets burn all of our Nazi memorabilia from WWII... afterall, we don't believe in Nazi propaganda!

Oh wait... it doesn't affect anything? We only lose a piece of history?

Dismantle NASA, it's basically the work of Nazis.

jbs$

Established Member
Black99, for leftist history is always a problem as it is not about them. Look at all leftist regime, the first thing done is an attemp to re-write or wipe-out history.

Users who are viewing this thread