General Lee to lose Confederate Flag by owner.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If this was anything more than him just fishing for attention, he would have just painted the car and never said a word.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Has anyone here suggested otherwise?

Only now does he find the flag offensive? What about when he purchased the car complete with southern regalia affixed on it? He's a vagina. Plain and simple.

Believe me, I think people who display the flag on their trucks and cars look like horses asses but that's their right to do it. The reason why i think they look foolish is not because of what we're told the flag stands for.

So it's not possible he bought the car because he loved the show, and only recently learned how many people view the confederate flag as racist?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
So it's not possible he bought the car because he loved the show, and only recently learned how many people view the confederate flag as racist?

Think of how asinine your postulation comes across. He didn't have any idea of the controversy surrounding a mere flag when he bought this car but thank god for the spineless, politically correct people for opening his eyes, only now, to his error in judgement. He loved the show but knew nothing of the significance surrounding the roof sized flag? No offense to you but that is one of the dumbest things I've heard yet. He's a coward who lacks a spine. Way back yonder when I was a kid watching the show I knew about about the flag and how it is viewed but he didn't? Peddle that nonsense to someone who's buying.

Last edited:

hellionTT

Im with her
Established Member
The show promotes red neck outlaws and dirty cops. I understand its just television but this is a good thing. Its time we stopped symbols of hate from being displayed in the public light with out even the slightest consequence.

OhIIICobra

Established Member

That's about as probable as the owners of authentic Oscar Mayer Wienermobile's being unaware that they purchased a ****ing hotdog on wheels. He said it was his "dream car" when he bought it.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The show promotes red neck outlaws and dirty cops. I understand its just television but this is a good thing. Its time we stopped symbols of hate from being displayed in the public light with out even the slightest consequence.

So with all the trash currently being produced and released, in your mind eradicating anything relating to a TV show that hasn't recorded a new episode in 30 years is the starting point?

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
He is just ruining the value of the car as a collector from the TV show, and throwing money away. Whatever, tomorrow America will find something else to be offended by...

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
In time something else will catch the attention of the p.c. sheep but for now it seems like anything surrounding the south and their participation in the Civil War has a cross hair on it. What we are witnessing is, in my opinion, what started the downfall of America. People believe anything they dislike should be banned or outlawed whether speaking about a right or something as trivial as a flag. I hope more and more people fly it just to be a thorn in the side of the gutless p.c.

Zemedici

Established Member

That's about as probable as the owners of authentic Oscar Mayer Wienermobile's being unaware that they purchased a ****ing hotdog on wheels. He said it was his "dream car" when he bought it.

Pretty much sums it up. Come on, what kind of ignoramus doesn't know the dukes of Hazzard is about some good ole boys, that's all the flag signifies. That's it. Southern pride. They weren't driving the charger around looking for dark folk, maybe you saw different episodes than I did? :shrug:

01svtL

Established Member

So much stupid is so few words. Quite impressive.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Historical-Artefacts-Mosul-Museum-Iraq-Counter-Offensive-US-Military-560670.jpg

jbs$

Established Member
The reality of the situation is this; Watson realized that he had a problem with the car when his ad booking agent called him up and told him that he had one and if they didn't do something the usually freeloading groups would be at his house followed by a friendly TV camera. Now, what to do, he could not just sell it, nor could he just cover it up in the back of his garage, huge amounts of money is on the table from his sponsor network and future earnings potential. There were already photo available of him with the car when he bought it and even thought he has nothing to do with the squabble at hand, he is a useful tool to others who give a crap less of what happens to Watson. So, he can't sell the car, that won't save him, he can't hide it, too late, photos are out of him and the car. That leaves repainting the top and hopeing for the best. He knows that he is pissing off people that he had rather not piss off, however, at the present, better them than the sponsor money and having a protest group living in front of your house for the publicity.

blk02edge

Established Member

You guys hear something? hmmmm must just be the wind.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
If this was anything more than him just fishing for attention, he would have just painted the car and never said a word.

this

as mentioned before, just do a vinyl wrap with the American flag on it so he can still do the publicity events. that or just leave it and skip doing the events. if he's a pro golfer, i doubt he needs the $.

i would imagine it would certainly impact the value of the car if he were to repaint the roof.

going to have the car a new name too. maybe the President Lincoln?? or even more PC, the Barrack Obama! yee haw! :banana:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The General Grant with a civil war Union Flag on top!

meanwhile repaint the whole car Union Blue. might as well just change everything.

recast the entire show with black people. "a new imagining"

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
meanwhile repaint the whole car Union Blue. might as well just change everything.

recast the entire show with black people. "a new imagining"

Given the current state of everything, it would be more "PC" to paint it in gay pride colors, remove half the cylinders because it always felt like was truly an econo car, and every time it jumped a hill it would land on white cops...oh and the horn would just yell hands up don't shoot. Think that covers everything.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Man I hope that spineless douche takes them up on their offer.

Place isn't too far from me either. They've got a nice museum

Users who are viewing this thread