GEN II Results Inside NOW!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thank you for your patience. Over the past few months there have been SO many questions about power numbers for our New VMP TVS GEN II and each of them have been answered with the same "it depends on your specific configuration".

So, in order to give you real world, repeatable, apples-to-apples data we used my 2007 GT500 with the normal street tune (17*) and my usual 2.40/15% combo. Remember, my car has never dyno'd like the trap speeds suggest.

I won't quote before and after here as SVTPerformance.com will be doing a full write up on both my car (for a GEN I to GEN II comparo) and on a 13 GT500 for a Trinity to GEN II back to back.

But what I will tell you is this:

Nothing but a blower swap. Nothing. Temps the same.

+50 rwhp
+46 rwtq
+ 2.75 psi (SAME pulley!!!!)

A damned hot and humid day. Numbers SAE on our Dynojet.

More to come in the next few days. Blowers begin shipping Friday. For those of you that were early adopters and got your money saving pre-order in, congratulations!!!

OK....off to do some more fun and games.

bj

MattR

Established Member
What kind of boost do these make with a 2.4 upper and a 15% lower? Sounds like a lot. I assumed the tvs with just the 2.4 would make 18?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
What kind of boost do these make with a 2.4 upper and a 15% lower? Sounds like a lot. I assumed the tvs with just the 2.4 would make 18?

2.40 makes 17-18 at sea level.

2.40 and 10% makes 20-21

2.40 and 15% makes more than that

THEN the darned thing added another 2.75psi on it's own flow alone!!

Time to pulley down :)

All of this was on pump gas with conservative spark. There was a , uh, not so conservative pull done as well. Let's just say it made even more power....like 70 over the initial with a little Torco.

Just nuts.
bj

MattR

Established Member
Holy cow, I'm new to this but my math has you at 24-25 lbs. Does that mean the 2.4 will have guys around 20 due to the added air in more boost out? You guys and Van are killing me. KB @25% off or this monster. I've been doing my power comparisons at 18 lbs thinking anymore was race gas and rod escape windows.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
2.40 makes 17-18 at sea level.

2.40 and 10% makes 20-21

2.40 and 15% makes more than that

THEN the darned thing added another 2.75psi on it's own flow alone!!

Time to pulley down :)

All of this was on pump gas with conservative spark. There was a , uh, not so conservative pull done as well. Let's just say it made even more power....like 70 over the initial with a little Torco.

Just nuts.
bj

I am going to need to pulley up so I don't over boost on CA91? GEN I TVS was 17-15.5PSI with a 2.4 pulley.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
How much for an extra pulley? one for race gas and one for street would be nice with the new quick change hub.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
2.4 / 15% is max blower rpm range already.

Great job VMP....lets see some track times now.

Hahahaa, no kidding, right? Nice timing on our part since it's like living on the freaking sun here right now! The dyno readout was 94f this morning. With any luck we'll have an evening or two when it cools down a tad. I hope so, it's been forever since I've had the car out.

bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Holy cow, I'm new to this but my math has you at 24-25 lbs. Does that mean the 2.4 will have guys around 20 due to the added air in more boost out? You guys and Van are killing me. KB @25% off or this monster. I've been doing my power comparisons at 18 lbs thinking anymore was race gas and rod escape windows.

I'm still trying to figure out the math on how you can sell things for 25% off and have your dealers make a living. :)

If you're talking about a small K-B, then this is a no brainer.

bj

ozzygt500

Established Member
congrats!! thats a great Number for the Blower,this thing gonna be better choice than a KB 2.8 ,as a price performance,Great Job!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Good work VMP. That GenII should put some interesting times down at the track. Looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread