GEN II Results Inside NOW!

spazpilot

Established Member
If I get around 20psi with the 2.40 on your gen II and stock crank pulley, will I have to look at your Boost-a-pump for my 13 GT500 BJ? I also have your VMP TwinJet 67mm TB and A JLT 127 CF intake. I wouldn't mind removing the intake if it keeps me for needing a boost a pump. Not to happy with the fit and finish anyways. I'm keeping the TB though. Love that!!!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
If I get around 20psi with the 2.40 on your gen II and stock crank pulley, will I have to look at your Boost-a-pump for my 13 GT500 BJ? I also have your VMP TwinJet 67mm TB and A JLT 127 CF intake. I wouldn't mind removing the intake if it keeps me for needing a boost a pump. Not to happy with the fit and finish anyways. I'm keeping the TB though. Love that!!!

I'll be able to tell you more tomorrow as a 14 goes on the GEN II R&D block!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Excellent. Today, it's GEN II vs Trinity on a 2014 GT500! Again, Editor Turner and SVTP have the exclusive coverage!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Get the Gen 2 to make same boost as Gen 1 for better data...almost 4psi of boost gain is going to skew the results. No doubt the Gen 2 will flow more air but the boost level is at rod shattering levels and not many folks run the 2.4/15% pulley combo due to compressor map efficiency. Throw a 2.6" on the Gen 2 to lower the boost and get boost closer to the Gen 1 levels and post those results as well.

Also looks like Theres some belt slip going on with the graph lines being squiggly so the 2.6 would probably cure that also...probably most likely the cause of boost falling at top of rpms as well. Sub'ing for similar boost comparison

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Slowing down the blower can only contribute to less parasitic loss and possibly result in increased timing. Sounds like win, win to me.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Slowing down the blower can only contribute to less parasitic loss and possibly result in increased timing. Sounds like win, win to me.

This is where these worked inlet TVS' shine...less rotor rpm = less heat. Jim Larocca schooled me on the compressor map efficiency. Dyno number are great but the bigger pulley combo will go faster at the track...my bet is the 2.6/15% will be your killer combo....thats what we all run.

BMR Tech

Also looks like Theres some belt slip going on with the graph lines being squiggly so the 2.6 would probably cure that also...probably most likely the cause of boost falling at top of rpms as well. Sub'ing for similar boost comparison

The contour of the lines is due to the smoothing set low. Justin likes to tune cars with smoothing on 0 to 2 - because it will give the tuner a better idea of what the engine is doing during the pull.

If it was experiencing belt slip, it would be MUCH more noticeable with smoothing low like it is.

If the graph was set to smoothing 5, the lines would not look squiggly.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

our boosters would be a good idea

sedanman

Established Member
Get the Gen 2 to make same boost as Gen 1 for better data...almost 4psi of boost gain is going to skew the results. No doubt the Gen 2 will flow more air but the boost level is at rod shattering levels and not many folks run the 2.4/15% pulley combo due to compressor map efficiency. Throw a 2.6" on the Gen 2 to lower the boost and get boost closer to the Gen 1 levels and post those results as well.

Me too, I am not interested in more boost I want to see what it can do with the same boost, especially how much the IAT2 drop because it does not have to work as hard.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We just did a swap on a '10 GT500 yesterday and have data on a 2.60, 2.50, 2.40....all on a stock lower. We're putting together the report now. Long story short, this blower far exceeds even our expectations on torque production. Enough flow to produce massive peak hp numbers, but torque that makes us think we should have named it "Peterbuilt".

bj

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Awesome! Hopefully I can make my mind up on the best pulley size for my application from the data of this report. Im kind of excited to give myself some saftety room by slowing the blower down and reducing heat while keeping the same boost.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
We just did a swap on a '10 GT500 yesterday and have data on a 2.60, 2.50, 2.40....all on a stock lower. We're putting together the report now. Long story short, this blower far exceeds even our expectations on torque production. Enough flow to produce massive peak hp numbers, but torque that makes us think we should have named it "Peterbuilt".

bj

Impressive.......most impressive indeed ! (in my Vader voice of course)

Looking forward to seeing the numbers from all the tests.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Wow, Congrats to VMP on the impressive new Blower and the amazing results. Plus 50 rwhp!
And Congrats to BJ on his new Gen 2 set up. Car looks great! you should be in the 9's!

Users who are viewing this thread