**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

moddedmystic

Established Member
I got a quick question about the clearance between the KC lines, heat exchanger, and my JLT high boost CAI.
Im running an old school LFP HE and i can just get my fingers between that and the back of the bumper cover. So I was wondering if anybody has ran into clearance problems there and with the massive in the fender air filter of the high boost kit?
Thanks, Mark
:beer:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Where do u hook up the temp at? I just ordered my gauge and got it in today but i don't know where to hook it up at.

You can install it in the IC fluid tank, or pick up a tee at low's and install it in the hose that runs from the KC to the IC.

- Joe

Can we still get the GB pricing?

You can still get in. I just ordered enough parts / material for another 10 kits.

- Joe

Joe,

dropped you an email about the line upgrade for current customer. Good talking to you again yesterday.

Likewise, good talking to you.

- Joe

I got a quick question about the clearance between the KC lines, heat exchanger, and my JLT high boost CAI.
Im running an old school LFP HE and i can just get my fingers between that and the back of the bumper cover. So I was wondering if anybody has ran into clearance problems there and with the massive in the fender air filter of the high boost kit?
Thanks, Mark
:beer:

Shouldn't be a problem, but I do have a new core assy coming out in two weeks that will give you more options for running the AC/IC lines.

- Joe

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Do these kits come with the valve to bypass the intercooler in the bumper when running the KC? Or do you purchase that separately somewhere else? If so where at?

Thanks

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I was thinking why couldn't the routing for the intercooler system be changed where the fluid runs through the heat exchanger before the KC. When the fluid leaves the intercooler isn't it heated over ambient temps? If so the heat exchanger would be used as a pre-cooler for the KC?

04svtsnke

Established Member
I was thinking why couldn't the routing for the intercooler system be changed where the fluid runs through the heat exchanger before the KC. When the fluid leaves the intercooler isn't it heated over ambient temps? If so the heat exchanger would be used as a pre-cooler for the KC?

That's a good point, just have the outlet of the heat exhchanger be the inlet to the KC then the outlet of the KC go straight to the upper hose for the intercooler. Even if the AC fails your still getting coolant ran across the heat exchanger

MalcolmV8

Established Member

I don't have a KC but from what I read on these forums that would only work right as you turned on the KC because once the KC has been on for a bit the intercooler fluid is below ambient all the time, even when it leaves the blower so the heat exchanger in the bumper would just be fighting the KC and heating up the fluid.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I don't have a KC but from what I read on these forums that would only work right as you turned on the KC because once the KC has been on for a bit the intercooler fluid is below ambient all the time, even when it leaves the blower so the heat exchanger in the bumper would just be fighting the KC and heating up the fluid.

That is what I was wanting to know. I didn't remember hearing that, and didn't look it up. I am trying to decide how I am going to install mine.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
If you're keeping the HE, here's the flow path.

Intercooler > Intercooler reservoir > Heat exchanger > KC exchanger > Intercooler.

- Joe

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
If you're keeping the HE, here's the flow path.

Intercooler > Intercooler reservoir > Heat exchanger > KC exchanger > Intercooler.

- Joe

Okay so the heat exchanger is before the KC. I seen a post earlier where the guy had it after the KC. I am thinking about doing away with the heat exchanger. How many guys have done this? The only draw back I can see is if the charging system fails. I guess I could do the 3 way valve install also, but it is kind of bulky and a lot of extra fittings to leak ect.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Okay so the heat exchanger is before the KC. I seen a post earlier where the guy had it after the KC. I am thinking about doing away with the heat exchanger. How many guys have done this? The only draw back I can see is if the charging system fails. I guess I could do the 3 way valve install also, but it is kind of bulky and a lot of extra fittings to leak ect.

Quite a few delete the HE. I like running the kit without the HE, as your temps will get close to freezing. Now if you're going to run open track then I would keep the HE.

- Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
OK, I think I've got everyone taken care of. If I missed anyone please let me know.

We have 6 kits left at the GB price, so if you're interested please e-mail me your order.

Thanks again!
Joe

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I have a question and I am very interested and possibly be placing an order.

The stock 134a freon if used what will the temps inside the car be?

With this change in the A/C system require the better freon you suggest?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Did you get them fittings I sent bck to you last week.mine is still uninstall. No time or no motivation?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I have a question and I am very interested and possibly be placing an order.

The stock 134a freon if used what will the temps inside the car be?

With this change in the A/C system require the better freon you suggest?

Got your kit sent out. As stated in our conversation, R134a will work fine, but if you're seeing 100+ ambient temps on a regular basis, then consider the Industrial 12a.

Thanks again,
Joe

Last edited:

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Got your kit sent out. As stated in our conversation, R134a will work fine, but if you're seeing 100+ ambient temps on a regular basis, then consider the Industrial 12a.

Thanks again,
Joe

I just ordered a 6 pack of Industial 12A should be here friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread