geezers come on in!

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
anyone as nuts over records as i am? listening to the byrds right now. not to be mr obvious here but wow! there is such a wealth of really great music to be had at used record stores. cd's just don't sound the same! :beer:

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
There has actually been a huge swell in new record sales. People say the same thing about records sounding better. It's not huge, but it is a different sound. A lot of artists are putting their new and old albums out on both CD and records. It's been sort of the "hip new thing" to put your album out on wax.

03DOHC

Established Member
I gave away most of them a long time ago but I still have a few with no way to play them. Frampton Comes Alive, Cultosaurus Erectus, Regatta de Blanc audiophile series to name a few off the top of my head.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
IMO, it's not about sounding better. But sounding how it originally did. I have a pretty decent collection, mostly from my parents, and some I've picked up at yard sales and flea markets. My record player is pretty cool too. It's a console record player that's big as a desk. It's from the 1950's I got from my grandma.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I still have about 50 record albums from the '60s. One of these days I'll sell them. LOL!

One of my all-time favorite groups is the Byrds. I still listen to their Greatest Hits on CD frequently. Turn, Turn, Turn and Mr. Tambourine Man are my favorites.

ssssnake

Established Member
anyone as nuts over records as i am? listening to the byrds right now. not to be mr obvious here but wow! there is such a wealth of really great music to be had at used record stores. cd's just don't sound the same! :beer:

I have a lot of alburms, but I just don't have a turntable anymore. :(

That the bird is the wird???

Ba ba ba uma mow mow
ba ba uma ma mow mow,

ba ba ba uma mow mow
ba ba uma ma mow mow

bird, bird, bird...:dancenana:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't toss those records! Good turntables are cheap, even high-end ones, on e-Bay.

Jim Snover

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Note to self -- break out turntable and put next to BD player. Get into closet and find all those albums you have packed away.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184"]YouTube - Family Guy - Bird is the Word![/ame]

HAHAHAHAHA

wvmystichrome

Established Member
i have a record of darkside of the moon that i listen to when im in a retro mood

I bought one of the Master Cassettes back in the day of this album. UNBELIEVABLE!! The difference between it and a regular cassette or album was amazing. It even had better sound than the CD of it I bought. I still have all my old LPs stored but just have not had time to get them out.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I still have my Marantz 2265B receiver, Pioneer PL-S50 turntable and HPM-100 speakers, from the 70s.

They were setup in my Son's room after he moved out and I would go in to listen to albums every once in a while.

Then he moved back in and I have not had the opportunity for more than a year.

That is a sweet sounding setup right there :rockon:

-Brian

ssssnake

Established Member

LOL Thanks, I needed that!

I still have my Marantz 2265B receiver, Pioneer PL-S50 turntable and HPM-100 speakers, from the 70s.

They were setup in my Son's room after he moved out and I would go in to listen to albums every once in a while.

Then he moved back in and I have not had the opportunity for more than a year.

That is a sweet sounding setup right there :rockon:

-Brian

My son got all of our old set up - which is why I don't have one anymore. :(
I think I'll listen to Jim and check ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread