gauge cluster

44shelby

Established Member
So, my gauge cluster just decided to stop working on me. I have sourced another one, but odds are it isn't going to have the same milage. Is the mileage stored in the computer or is it stored in the cluster? Is there a way to reprogram the new one?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
when you say stopped working do you mean every part of it? or just certain things.

because it could be due to an electicral problem elsewhere

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Someone tag the fella who is looking for fail clusters to find a fix.

44shelby

Established Member
How has you factory cluster failed? They can sometimes be repaired.
It wont light up at this point. I found a company that will change the mileage on my new one i just have to provide the old one. At least that is what they say.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It wont light up at this point. I found a company that will change the mileage on my new one i just have to provide the old one. At least that is what they say.
Can you provide a link to this company so others may have the information in the future?

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I have one that I know worked when it was removed. It has been sitting on my part room shelf for 14 years in a controlled indoor environment. Hopefully you exhausted all other causes for trouble shooting yours. I can't offer a return on this because of the electronic vulnerability. $250 plus shipping.
Screenshot_20240206-165732_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20240206-165709_Photo%20Editor.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

There's a guy that can repair some of the lightning issues here on SVTP. Might be worth looking into.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
You can probably just move the inverter from the new cluster over to your original. I just bumped my old thread on repairing the failed inverters using the Speedhut inverter. It should take just a minute to remove the back cover and swap over the inverters.

cj428mach

Established Member
If you research cluster swaps there is a circuit board on the back of the cluster that stores the mileage and it can be swapped over to another cluster. FYI National Parts Depot still has brand new Ford clusters at very reasonable prices. I was thinking about grabbing a spare as either an investment or a just incase.

wckdvnm

Established Member
If you research cluster swaps there is a circuit board on the back of the cluster that stores the mileage and it can be swapped over to another cluster. FYI National Parts Depot still has brand new Ford clusters at very reasonable prices. I was thinking about grabbing a spare as either an investment or a just incase.

I had no idea there were still NOS’s out there. i may have to do like you and pick one up. Wonder what quantity they have on hand still.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I had no idea there were still NOS’s out there. i may have to do like you and pick one up. Wonder what quantity they have on hand still.
Not sure what quantity they have but the clusters for the '03-'04 SVT Cobra run $582 a piece from National Parts Depot (NPD).

cj428mach

Established Member
Not sure what quantity they have but the clusters for the '03-'04 SVT Cobra run $582 a piece from National Parts Depot (NPD).

There were 2 listed and one was $300+ and the other was $500+, do you know the difference? I assumed one was the KM and the other mph

Users who are viewing this thread