GAS STRIKE MAY 2nd

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
You want to stick it to the gas co's

Start buying gas from companies who dont import oil.

(i.e. Race Track, Sunco etc) They do not import oil, and i have found their gas to be cheaper than the big dogs.

The Sunoco's around me are the most expensive places to buy gas. :shrug:

Quiksilver98

This space for rent
Established Member
From experience working at a gas station, going on gas strikes like these will only hurt the small business owners. The gas station owners makes only a small percentage of the gas being purchased. Most of their profits made in the food mart: cigs, snacks and drinks etc....

I used to be a manager at my uncle's exxon gas station. When gas prices started rising in 2004, I noticed people stopped buying his snacks and drinks at his station just to full up more gas. It would take him longer to stock up on inventory and the monthly bills eventually piled up. He maxed out his credit cards to pay bills and enough to stock for his inventory. He then refinanced his house and stocked up inventory for the gas station for a couple months, with gas prices still rising, people were still scared of what was going on and continued not buying anything from the food mart.

Therefore he couldnt handle it anymore and sold the station.

USMCFieldMP

.:Longhorn Racing:.
Established Member
We need a good month long strike. People set up roadblocks at the refineries and not let anyone in or out. When I lived in England in 2000, that's what they did. They were paying roughly $5.60/gallon in 2000! Mostly Tax.

That island shut down for just about that whole month! It was impressive.

---------------------------

There is a strike right now in Scotland... I found this quote in the article:

The government urged motorists not to hoard fuel, saying there would be enough to go around. It wants to avoid a repeat of scenes in 2000 when motorists were forced to line up at gas stations, as truckers angry at heavily taxed fuel brought Britain to a standstill by blockading refineries.

The Brits know how to get shit done... unlike Americans, who will only complain about the problem and come up with stupid solutions (like a 1 day gas strike).

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I haven't purchased gas for the past 3 months. I'm sure no one in the oil industry has noticed.

+1 haha. it sucks but when i think about it the longest i have been home in a little over two years is about 3 months. hopefully they find a fix before i decide to come home:shrug::bored:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Rather than not purchaing fuel for a day how about we just buy from companies that don't get their fuel from the Middle East :shrug:

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil..............130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo Gas comes from South America , from a Dictator who hates Americans.

Here are some large companies that
DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco................0 barrels
Conoco................0 barrels
Sinclair................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..........0 barrels
Hess....................0 barrels
ARC0. ..................0 barrels
Also: Pilot, Flying J, Love's, RaceTrac, Valero

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
they are importing.

I understand that these companies may not be located near you but if they are you can keep from buying those Middle Eastern monopolists yachts

Fill up wisely

:beer:

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
wow, i didnt know i would be stepping on so many toes. Geez.

Fill up all you want, I only suggested waiting for one day.

WOW tough crowd

DanTheMan18

Established Member
+1 haha. it sucks but when i think about it the longest i have been home in a little over two years is about 3 months. hopefully they find a fix before i decide to come home:shrug::bored:

Wow, sounds like they've been keeping you busy!

It's definitely nice, I've been saving up a lot of money over here, but it just seems that the gas situation is getting more dismal as time goes by.

So, needless to say, the next deployment that comes up, I'll probably have my hand raised for it. :beer:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i actually thought about trying to start something like this with all my friends...

then my gas light came on...

USMCFieldMP

.:Longhorn Racing:.
Established Member
Im posted this from another forum. I don't think it'll work... because I don't think you'll reach enough people, etc etc etc.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to thin k that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit s omeone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this t o 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you !
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL T HEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
this stupid shit doens't work! when will people learn this? (rhetorical question, because the obvious answer is never)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
want cheaper gas prices?

1) drill in ANWR
2) drill in new reserves just found recently
3) more refineries / upgrade current ones
4) stop depending on foreign oil

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
So, how's this gas strike going:lol:

I bet big oil is really taking notice:lol::lol::lol:

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
how is us not buying gas for a day, a week, a year etc going to change the price. Really the only control we have to it is the tax, which is like 60 cents. The majority of the money for each gallon of gas goes to who we are actually buying the gas from... Bush isnt going "oh okay... hmm i think ill raise the price of gas 20 cents today.. muahahah"

Users who are viewing this thread