Gas Station Sign in My Town

Raven519

Established Member
I live in NJ and have never had anyone expect a tip to fill the tank, additionally if I have to pump the gas myself I expect it to be cheaper, not more expensive. I will be unhappy when the day comes we have to pump our own gas. I think NJ and Oregon are the only two states that do not allow you to pump gas.

They are just the typical out of state residents hating on NJ. I've never heard of that nor seen that happen ever at a gas station in NJ. I love having someone pumping the gas and not too mention having cheaper gas then other states around us, seems to me the people who hate on it are just jealous. haha

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
I have no problem with people speaking their native language or what they are comfortable with, but it does make me a little pissed when I get looked at because my Spanish is shit.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I know about where you are from. Bought my first Mustang from Malouf Ford. The Exxon on 130 in Highstown offers the same service. One of the few remaining Gas Stations owned by a local.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I had to fillup my Lincoln yesterday here in southern WV. $3.90 a gallon. Good thing it gets around 25 mpg on the road, sometimes better. The old 4.6 DOHC motors from 1995 got decent gas mileage. Especially for pulling a car around with that much weight. YES PULLING its FWD.

Yeah thats when ford put the mild tunes, and low compression 4v/2v's that got great gas mileage but sucked in performance.

Beezy

Established Member
I work at a Marathon gas station/garage in Ohio. We have 2 full service pumps and 6 regular and people pull up to the full service all the time because they don't expect anyone to have it. We always have to walk out there and tell them that it's full service even though there's two large signs on the pump.

My favorite guys are the ones who, when I go out there to tell them that it's full service and to move back, they just say "Don't worry buddy, I got this." One of these days I'm just going to say okay, walk away, and let them pay the 30 cents extra per gallon.

Of course, that extra 30 cents also comes with the fact that we will wash your windows, check your oil, and check any other fluids, as well as put air in your tires if you do so choose.

And for the person who said that people who fill your car are always expecting tips, but it's not like that. Me being a high school student, I am happy and grateful enough that I even have a job. I don't worry about tips, I just do whatever the customer wants. If I get a "have a good day" and a smile when I'm done, that's all that matters to me to know that I've given good service. Sometimes people are nice enough to tip, and I'm very thankful for that!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Looking at $4.20 / gal here in LA, your prices are lookin hot!

$4.39 for diesel here on the Peninsula, and my truck has a 36 gallon tank. It's sad when you routinely hit the $100 pay-at-the-pump limit on your AMEX :(

ATFPat

Established Member
Gas is cheaper in Jersey yes, but atleast in PA we can pump it ourselves :D

I like the sign too
I remember trying to get $10 bucks worth just to get back to PA. Almost got 87 even though I asked for 93 :bored: Oh well. I'd rather do it myself. I m not that lazy. No pun intended.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
racists. :nonono:

i really hope you're joking. i actually think it's racist and ethnocentric to migrate to a country (especially illegally!) and expect them all to drop to their knees and change their ways to accompany you.

if you really feel that way, please take the 9/11 pic out of your sig.

I have no problem with people speaking their native language or what they are comfortable with, but it does make me a little pissed when I get looked at because my Spanish is shit.

the problem isn't them speaking their "native" language to each other, even though a lot of them are born here and STILL don't speak english. the problem is them expecting everybody else to change our way of life to better accomodate them.

then they wonder why they're still considered second class citizens. they're doing it to themselves, like jesse jackson and al sharpton to blacks.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I paid $3.14 a gallon for premium last time I tanked up.....:shrug: Oh, and that sign is awesome!!

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Since were talking a bit about gas prices in addition to the wicked sign here's a bit of insight from North of the border.

I'm currently paying $4.77/gal (converted to $/US gal) for 91 Octane, the lowest I have on record from the last couple of years was $3.74/gal last July. No idea about regular fuel, everything in the household is a premium burner.

The most I recall paying was summer of 2009 at 5.86/gal fueling to head to the drag strip of all places. I'd be quite happy to see fuel prices drop, but high rates good for our (Canadian) economy since Alberta's prime employer is the Oil industry, so it's a trade-off.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Only in Milltown would you see that on main Street considering the entire town is about 2 miles long until you hit the next town (North Brunswick)

I bet everyone in that town saw that sign.....

Users who are viewing this thread