(GAS)Fuel System Upgrade Options: What You Need To Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital

Established Member
awesome post! im just curous why ive never heard of the wiring upgrade even though it seems to be the most important fuel system upgrade you can do.
Most everyone does it, you're just running a fatter wire is all.

mikes03cobra

Established Member
:beer::pop::pop:Well Done Im reading books on tuning software You should do a book this is that good!!

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
what are my options for upgrading fuel rails? i want to use stock lines and stock fpr...

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've got the following fuel system on my car that I just purchased:

Fore Fuel Hat
Twin Ford GT Pumps
Dual FPDM's
Wiring Upgraded Throughout
Kenne Bell 40 AMP BAP
Eaton Aeroquip FC-350 -8 Fuel Line
Summit Racing Billet 10 Micron Fuel Filter w/ brand new element
Stock Fuel Rails w/ Thermo-Tech Fuel Line Wrap
FRPP 80# Fuel Injectors

With this fuel system and running just the 3.0" upper pulley (18psi) on the whipple 2.3 for 93 octane, the fuel pump was hitting a duty cycle of 59% and the inj were 64%. Talk about safety margin. The drivability is awesome. Sometimes overkill is a good thing as its got lots of room to grow.

PipeHitter

Established Member
Just wanted to say, thanks a ton for taking the time for such a great write-up. Extremely informative and will be useful to me and other members for future upgrades. :beer:

SVT GI

Established Member
Excellent info! :beer:
Thanks!

:beer::pop::pop:Well Done Im reading books on tuning software You should do a book this is that good!!

Thanks!

what are my options for upgrading fuel rails? i want to use stock lines and stock fpr...

Stick with the stock rails until you upgrade your line unless you are wanting asthetics because aftermarket rails aren't really going to net you much without upgrading the rest. But, you can install some and use an adapter to the stock line and a few pieces of hose for the cross over. FORE Precision would be my choice for rails but many have used others, CPR's, etc..

I've got the following fuel system on my car that I just purchased:

Fore Fuel Hat
Twin Ford GT Pumps
Dual FPDM's
Wiring Upgraded Throughout
Kenne Bell 40 AMP BAP
Eaton Aeroquip FC-350 -8 Fuel Line
Summit Racing Billet 10 Micron Fuel Filter w/ brand new element
Stock Fuel Rails w/ Thermo-Tech Fuel Line Wrap
FRPP 80# Fuel Injectors

With this fuel system and running just the 3.0" upper pulley (18psi) on the whipple 2.3 for 93 octane, the fuel pump was hitting a duty cycle of 59% and the inj were 64%. Talk about safety margin. The drivability is awesome. Sometimes overkill is a good thing as its got lots of room to grow.

Good deal! I always use the overkill approach for my builds :beer:

Just wanted to say, thanks a ton for taking the time for such a great write-up. Extremely informative and will be useful to me and other members for future upgrades. :beer:

No problem, glad to help.

SVT GI

Established Member
How do you delete the FPDM with Diablo tuning. Flip chip. Thanks in advance!

I replied to your PM but there is more. Like stated I tune with SCT and there are parameters under "system switches" and "Misc". Diablo may have similar parameters. Also, unplug the FPDM.

Under "system switches" fuel pump system type goes from a 2 to a 0

Under "Misc" P1233 is set from a 2 to a 0. P0193 is set from a 2 to a 0.

You should be good to go with that.

Blackedout

Established Member
Thanks for the info... Going to do this ONCE and be done with it.. :thumbsup:

Avispa

Established Member
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was pegging out my stock fuel system at about 540 rwhp; but the setup is capable of 600. Now I know what options I have.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
Quick question, I plan to make about 650whp on my new set up. Currently just have a BAP, buying 80lb injectors, and two walbro 255 pumps. Can i run the walbro with the stock hats? If not what else would i need to make that set up work correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread