Garrett single Turbo

JP0814GT

Established Member
Just cram 1800+ Cfm down it's throught and see if it chokes :) lol

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
I think us JPC guys are doing ok with the little PTE 7675s. :shrug:

We already know it makes enough power to push a 3900+ tank to 9.1x with no brake and air to air and still more in it.

We will see soon enough how much it will really make on a Sleeved block. Worked pretty well on a Stock motor/T56 Boss as well that is also pushing 3900+. :poke:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the enlightenment.. Yeah the two if you guys CPR and jpc seems to be the way to go, it will be a tough choice when the time comes. I'd just need a little custom fabbing for it to work for me bc of the oval cobra jet thorrttle body on my car

Deespeed99

Established Member
Not knocking anyone for using PTE by any means...but Im sorry, i see no reason to spend 3500 on a turbo when you can grab a S476 or S480 that performs exactly the same for half the price.

poof100

Established Member
Not knocking anyone for using PTE by any means...but Im sorry, i see no reason to spend 3500 on a turbo when you can grab a S476 or S480 that performs exactly the same for half the price.

The BW turbos are nice units, especially the Bullseye modified ones. However, the plain old 7675 billet wheel PTE makes enough power for 99% of the folks out there. That is the main point. No need to have some crazy 80mm or bigger 1.44 AR to make power or run a #.

The fastest Single Turbo Coyotes right now all run PTE 76s. Sean Kelley has been 8's lifting in 3900+lbs on the JPC single kit.

Deespeed99

Established Member
You realize im talking about a PTE 7685 not 7675 right? Lol. You're talking about a 1100 turbo im talking about the 3500 unit....

poof100

Established Member
You realize im talking about a PTE 7685 not 7675 right? Lol. You're talking about a 1100 turbo im talking about the 3500 unit....

Yes, I understand. I agree the "85" series from PTE is pricey. The Coyote Modified Legal PTE 6785 is also pricey, msrp $3900. There are other options from Bullseye(BW) but they still won't be a $1100-$1500 turbo.

My main point was that the cheaper 7675 is more than capable. Unless someone is planning to run Ultra Street or 275 or faster, a 76 will suffice. The JPC cars have proven that at the track.

When is your track rental? lol. I want to venture over to MIR. :beer:

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Yes, I understand. I agree the "85" series from PTE is pricey. The Coyote Modified Legal PTE 6785 is also pricey, msrp $3900. There are other options from Bullseye(BW) but they still won't be a $1100-$1500 turbo.

My main point was that the cheaper 7675 is more than capable. Unless someone is planning to run Ultra Street or 275 or faster, a 76 will suffice. The JPC cars have proven that.

When is your track rental? lol. I want to venture over to MIR. :beer:

Who said we were talking about bullseye? Lol. Im talking about BW not bullseye modified BW's...those turbos run from 875-1300 and if you venture to YB its pretty much all thats used. They are the best performing turbos for the price on the market. You are making a point that has nothing to do with the arguement. I like the PTE 7675 and have run one in the past on another car. Im talking specifically about the 7685. You cant tell me outside of sponsorship anyone is buying that turbo when you can grab a BW for half the cost....

I think im going to the feb 5th one.

poof100

Established Member
Who said we were talking about bullseye? Lol. Im talking about BW not bullseye modified BW's...those turbos run from 875-1300 and if you venture to YB its pretty much all thats used. They are the best performing turbos for the price on the market. You are making a point that has nothing to do with the arguement. I like the PTE 7675 and have run one in the past on another car. Im talking specifically about the 7685. You cant tell me outside of sponsorship anyone is buying that turbo when you can grab a BW for half the cost....

I think im going to the feb 5th one.

I didn't mean to muddy the waters with Bullseye(BW modified) but was simply pointing out they are a cheaper option to the PTE 7685, so I agree with you there.

I was making a point more on earlier posts from others (not you) that people needed bigger Turbos than a standard 7675, with bigger ARs, bigger Turbine sides etc. That's all I'm getting at here, is that a plain BW 76 or PTE 76 will run a solid #.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
No Fabbing on our end of a CJ intake either it will just require a different silicone piece.

The 76/85 is the badest turbo on the market in that frame

its hard to compare a dump truck T6 cast wheel 96 turbine 1.34 ar to a 76/85

Even the 80mm Billet wheels are 2k+ and they are journal bearings. i dont even know if they offer a ball bearing option in that setup

The BG turbos do run though i think spooling with that large of turbine will present an issue with out the use of a trans break

Last edited:

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
I believe the 4202 is a 74mm unit. IMHO, the GTX series is overpriced. I LOVE my PT6266CEA and will be upgrading when I build my engine, I'm not going anywhere near a GTX turbo.

D.T.R

Established Member
I think the 7675 is a great entry option that still can give you around 1000whp IIRC.
the 7685 is an expensive turbo yes, but as previously said you're buying the baddest turbo in the market on that size, which is a very competitive size that is used a lot in drag racing...

Deespeed99

Established Member
Instead of being offended be realistic guys lol. No one is spending 3500 on a turbo when you can get one that performs the same for half the cost unless you are sponsored. We're not talking about a comp turbo cheap either...shots fired lol! I never said the 7685 wasnt a bad turbo im saying there are cheaper options that work the same.

Btw im talking from experience. Ive used turbos from garrett, comp, PTE & BW...

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Instead of being offended be realistic guys lol. No one is spending 3500 on a turbo when you can get one that performs the same for half the cost unless you are sponsored. We're not talking about a comp turbo cheap either...shots fired lol! I never said the 7685 wasnt a bad turbo im saying there are cheaper options that work the same.

Btw im talking from experience. Ive used turbos from garrett, comp, PTE & BW...
The 7685 would prob produce 1600whp if maxxed out. It would definitely outperform the 7675. But for what guys here are looking to do, you're right, the 75mm turbine will suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread