Ga. cops respond to wrong home, shoot homeowner, kill his dog, wound fellow officer

svtshadow

Banned
That is some funny stuff. Went from cops shooting black people, to black people shooting cops, to cops shooting dogs, and now to cops shooting cops! Damn this is a funny year for real!

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
This is an excellent example of why it is worth investing in steel security doors.

And double sided deadbolts. And ALWAYS keep them locked.

Sometimes it might only be a criminal home invasion robbery that you would be protecting your dog from.

Other times it could be something REALLY DANGEROUS, like the police.

haha, right on!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I didn't see in the story, did they knock or announce their presence before entering?

They claimed they knocked on the front door with no response. Went around back and again no response. Found the back door unlocked, announced their presence, then entered. Then the shenanigans began.

motoman991

Banned
Trigger happy cops will shoot anything. I think it's awesome how they shot one of their own hahahahahaha. Karma! hahahahaha. This is evidence that intelligence isn't a requirement to be an enforcer for the politicians.

motoman991

Banned
This sucks for all parties involved. Police are responding to a call, trying to do the right thing, and the wrong thing transpires.

These officers need more training if they keep their job. You know police are more heightened now.

Doing the right thing? LOL. They did shoot one of the criminals at least.

earl lee

Established Member
Not the first time something like this has happen, a year or 2 ago they (cops) blew away a grandma. They were doing a drug bust, but did it on the wrong house.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They claimed they knocked on the front door with no response. Went around back and again no response. Found the back door unlocked, announced their presence, then entered. Then the shenanigans began.

Body cam footage sure would be handy in that situation.

jbs$

Established Member
Not the first time something like this has happen, a year or 2 ago they (cops) blew away a grandma. They were doing a drug bust, but did it on the wrong house.

That was the Atlanta Cops who shot the 90 odd year old Lady. For the record, she was holding a gun (not pointing it at them).

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus that is crazy!

I think i'll buy a vest with reflective "POLICE" front and back as my new sleeping garb. That way if I stumble through the living room half-asleep during an unwarranted police invasion I *may* not get shot.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
This sucks for all parties involved. Police are responding to a call, trying to do the right thing, and the wrong thing transpires.

These officers need more training if they keep their job. You know police are more heightened now.

More training ? Even the damn pizza boy can find the right house.:fm:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Yes, yes it would. I think every officer should have one.

I still don't understand why this isn't mandatory. They throw money down the drain on everything else, but god forbid they spend that money on something necessary.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I still don't understand why this isn't mandatory. They throw money down the drain on everything else, but god forbid they spend that money on something necessary.

It would be in their benefit for the officers who do their jobs properly. Like the officer who shot the idiot at the convenience store who was "walking away with earphones on" when the bodycam showed he turned around, lifted his shirt, and reached for his waist while saying "hell no" to commands to stop.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
It would be in their benefit for the officers who do their jobs properly. Like the officer who shot the idiot at the convenience store who was "walking away with earphones on" when the bodycam showed he turned around, lifted his shirt, and reached for his waist while saying "hell no" to commands to stop.

+1, it's a win for all parties.

cbj5259

Established Member
Thank the local governments for not allocating the resources. My agency has been asking for them for over 2 years...we may get a few next year. The council thought that preserving open space was more important the past two years then buying equipment for the PD.

jshen

Established Member
I used to live and work in DeKalb and spent 13 years as cop and legal adv for dept.----until I left in mid 1980s. It used to be the best trained PD around and the chief-at that time made the short list for FBI director in the Carter Administration. Things went to hell with urban crawl from Atlanta..and demographics changed long after I left. To make matters worse, the Feds mandated the dept hire minorities...and put in mgt positions- so minorities came in with little to no experience..Finally the Olympics coming to Atlanta..drove population up to about 7 million or more. What was a beautiful, safe place is a hell on earth today...a Detroit of the south..Today I won't go within a 100 miles of that place.

Users who are viewing this thread