Fun ford weekend is no more

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
fun ford weekend has sucked for the past few years, not only has it gone down hill, its also more expensive. i didnt even bother going this year and ive been going every year since i was 18

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I can personally speak for the one that was at Commerce this year and it was just horrible. First it was delayed back in April because they had to resurface the track again for the NHRA. That was not FFW's fault that the event got cancelled since the track in owned by the NHRA. What was their fault was scheduling it on the same weekend as a big NMRA event in July. This news does not surprise me one bit. NMRA FTW!

cobra03red

Established Member
It is a nation wide change. They also cancled 4 shows. ( norwalk, Louisiana, Cali,Virginia ) due to low spectator and car show turn out.. From what I have been told it's not the racers that keep this event going its the car show and spectators. It must be the way they make their money. :shrug: I was also told the the 2 faster classes will all be running 1/8th mile at every track. This was a decision made by the racers.
Really quick here too I have been from Orlando to St. louis and epping is by far one of the better tracks out there. Cant compare it to some motorparks like St. louis and Norwalk thats just not the same. With all the improvments they have done and are doing it will just get better. I believe they are replacing all the lights this year so they are not as close to the racetrack and to get better lighting.

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
thats what people say that dont have a properly setup car...I used to too...but after toying with my suspension all this year and swapping things out I can say Im not afraid to go up on a street night in october (and deff in warmer months) and drop the hammer at the line and be fine with high 1.4s.....on a street night....

Ive been to quite a few tracks now with my Cobra not including a few with my old truck and I can say even though the "facility" isnt as good as some others (MIR for one...WOW that place is awesome!) I have no complaints about the track at all this whole year. when I wasnt "hooking"...it was the car..not the track. Ive said it this year once or twice...track wasnt there...because it was 35 degree's out on street night and I got a 1.49 sixty on the bottle instead of a 1.47 off of it.

Maybe the track is nice, I haven't run on it since 99 or 00. I just think its a dump.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Wow, this is terrible news. I've been going to FFW at Epping for over 10 years straight. It was the one thing I looked forward to every year. I have to drive over 1000 miles round trip so for those who are compaining, whatever. You have to be a die hard fan and realize that without support, things go away. Everything has gone up, of course they have to charge big bucks. A track takes alot of money to run. I'm very sad and devastated about this. One guy said that the track sucked yet how come so many records were and are constantly broken at Epping. It can't be that bad!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Wow, this is terrible news. I've been going to FFW at Epping for over 10 years straight. It was the one thing I looked forward to every year. I have to drive over 1000 miles round trip so for those who are compaining, whatever. You have to be a die hard fan and realize that without support, things go away. Everything has gone up, of course they have to charge big bucks. A track takes alot of money to run. I'm very sad and devastated about this. One guy said that the track sucked yet how come so many records were and are constantly broken at Epping. It can't be that bad!

Kraig!!!!! hows the car man?!?!?!

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
That's too bad that NED stopped Fun Ford Weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread