Fun ford weekend is no more

ponynx

Established Member
well do to low turnouts and lack of participants in racing fun ford weekend is gone, battle of the brands is its replacement but our 1 big ford event up here is no more.....................now its just a big weekend of everything racing . people if you do not support this this to will go away, please show up and race !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponynx

Established Member
we have nobody to blame but ourselves for not taking part in their event . they switched the name to the battle of the brands events but its not ford only ........

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I can honestly say I'm not suprised. The prices are ridiculous. FFW lets guys like SD Wheeler who is a proven scammer race w/o any issues in his Hertz rental Shelby. Thats another strike against them. NED has improved nothing in the last say 8 years, yet they keep raising admission prices.

ponynx

Established Member
notch are you kidding me? ned dragway has redone the entire concrete area, resurfaced the entire racing surface with new drainage system, the new L.E.D light system with all new cables running underground and thats just in the past 3 years ! they have also added more pavement in the pit area as well ! they have done a lot for the 20 bucks it costs to race there on wed and fridays . as for what it cost to go to the fun ford event thats pretty cheap as well .........entry fees range from 55for bracket classes to 100 for a class like mod compand thats for the whole weekend !! go to a redsox game for a few hours and you will spend more !! or any pro sporting event ........as for hd i cant stand him either and this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but unless hd does something against the rules that have to do with the ffw event they cannot ban him because of his actions to others away from the events .

88_Stanga

Established Member
i cant say ive ever raced at FFW, but i do make it a point to go watch every year. it does suck that its gone and we dont have something to call our own anymore, but like you said dana, we are the only ones to blame.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
The weather didn't help this year. Some people didn't go because it was going to rain. If i didn't live 45 mins away i wouldn't have gone either.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
there's alot of reasons why this happened, it's not just the economy to blame.

I for one was pretty disgusted how the show was run and based on feed back that I heard from friends who raced, it wasn't much better.

Couple that with decreased attendenance in general and its a reciepe for failure.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
notch are you kidding me? ned dragway has redone the entire concrete area, resurfaced the entire racing surface with new drainage system, the new L.E.D light system with all new cables running underground and thats just in the past 3 years ! they have also added more pavement in the pit area as well ! they have done a lot for the 20 bucks it costs to race there on wed and fridays . as for what it cost to go to the fun ford event thats pretty cheap as well .........entry fees range from 55for bracket classes to 100 for a class like mod compand thats for the whole weekend !! go to a redsox game for a few hours and you will spend more !! or any pro sporting event ........as for hd i cant stand him either and this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but unless hd does something against the rules that have to do with the ffw event they cannot ban him because of his actions to others away from the events .

You see to me NED is still an old POS track track. When I go in there I see nothing but old stuff. I then watch people not hook up on a track because they won't prep it. I guess its just matter of opinion.

As for FFW its always been very unorganized. I got a laugh though seeing SD in the Hertz Shelby car and all the FFW announcers acting like he is some great guy. I remember commenting in the stands that he is also well known to have ripped off many people with his bogus ads. I got a lot of odd looks for that one.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
same thing happened to WFC, they changed to to WSC this year. it sucked, lots a people got screwed over. doubt it will happen next year. not that id wanna go anyway

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
You see to me NED is still an old POS track track. When I go in there I see nothing but old stuff. I then watch people not hook up on a track because they won't prep it. I guess its just matter of opinion.

thats what people say that dont have a properly setup car...I used to too...but after toying with my suspension all this year and swapping things out I can say Im not afraid to go up on a street night in october (and deff in warmer months) and drop the hammer at the line and be fine with high 1.4s.....on a street night....

Ive been to quite a few tracks now with my Cobra not including a few with my old truck and I can say even though the "facility" isnt as good as some others (MIR for one...WOW that place is awesome!) I have no complaints about the track at all this whole year. when I wasnt "hooking"...it was the car..not the track. Ive said it this year once or twice...track wasnt there...because it was 35 degree's out on street night and I got a 1.49 sixty on the bottle instead of a 1.47 off of it.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
So is fun ford just gone up here in new england or is it gone entirely all over the country?

I have not enjoyed ffw at epping for quite some time, I am not surprised

Also, like others said, it is too much money. I was not planning on attending in 09 but then again I said that last year

oh well

ponynx

Established Member
i hope this year everyone shows up to participate and keep the battle of the brands coming up here for years to come !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread